Surgery tomorrow - Finally

2»

Comments

• Hopes_and_Dreams
    Hopes_and_Dreams Member Posts: 760
    Thinking of you today and wishing you all the best for your results and recovery.  It's a hell of a day but will be over before you know it. And how good will it be to have the cancer out of you!!
    Jane xx
  • June1952
    June1952 Member Posts: 1,818
    All the best to both of you - thinking positive thoughts for you.
  • Kat09
    Kat09 Member, Dragonfly Posts: 269
    Wishing you both all the best
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372

One more shitty thing out of the way. It's only one day of your life, by the weekend all this stress will be gone. Good luck, Marg

• Piccme
    Piccme Member Posts: 68
    Thinking of you @nonkyboy. I sometimes think the thought of surgery can be more daunting. I had a lumpectomy and sentinel node and went home the following morning. You are so right to just want it out. Wishing you all the best and a speedy recovery, Sophie
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    I know I was relieved to have mine out of me. Hope all went well today. Kath x
  • socoda
    socoda Member Posts: 1,767
    All the best @Nenemiles!! Sending you healing thoughts and wishes. Xx Cath
  • nonkyboy
    nonkyboy Member Posts: 188
    Hi ladies, surgery was on Wednesday. Lumpectomy and sentinel node biopsy. Unfortunately I'm still in hospital and will be until at least Monday as I'm losing a lot of fluid into the drain and my surgeon is reluctant to remove it until there is less than 20mls in 24 hours. She said today that it was a large tumour and she had to go deep to access the lymph nodes so she's not surprised. The McGrath breast nurse came to see me today and gave me the nice pillow for under my arm and a seat belt cover to cushion the breast when driving or being driven around. She also gave me a list of exercises to do while I shave the drain on and for afterwards. A lovely woman who explained what would happen next etc. she said she wants me to see the lymphodema people in occupational therapy quite soon so they can get measurements etc. 
    All in all I'm feeling tender and bruised but each day is better than the day before so I'll focus on healing and resting