New Lady On Board

Options

Comments

• ShazS
    ShazS Member Posts: 131
    Options
    Hello to all who have replied and thanks. I have been diagnosed with grade three invasive breast carcinoma , I have an MRI appointment booked, to see the anaesthist , surgery all happening quick which is good I guess. I wish everyone the very best ahead for their journey and my thoughts are with you all. I have ordered my journey pack thanks for asking. This one line site is great it's nice to talk to people who are on the same page again thanks for welcoming and your kind words
  • ShazS
    Options
  • ShazS
    Options
  • ShazS
    Options
  • ShazS
    Options
  • Cynth6
    Cynth6 Member Posts: 189
    Options
    Hi @Sharyn Sly welcome ! Unfortunately you have joined the band wagon but you will be surrounded by the most supportive women. We are all in this together. Xx
  • ShazS
    Options
    Hi @Cynth6 thanks and so far I have been talking to the most lovely, caring people and we will all stick together and fight through this as one. All the best
  • nonkyboy
    nonkyboy Member Posts: 188
    Options
    Hi @Sharyn Sly and welcome to the group. Sorry to hear of your diagnosis but you are definitely in the right place to get help,advice and comfort. It's good to hear you have ordered your "my journey pack" and that you have plans in place. I was diagnosed three months ago and am having surgery next week. Sounds like you are on track. I feel this is the hardest part of this journey. The waiting prior to surgery when all the diagnostic stuff is being done. Maybe that's just because I haven't gotten to the next stage yet. That may change my mind lol. Keep in touch throughout your journey. I check in here at least a couple of times a day. Take care xx Lesley
  • Cyclo
    Cyclo Member Posts: 56
    Options
    Hi @Sharyn Sly sorry to hear about your diagnosis. I wish you great strength of mind to deal with this, it does become a bit of a roller coaster. It all happens so quickly that it's difficult to absorb. For me I tried to keep exercising as I found it kept me sane and helped with recovery. It was hard sometimes but I used it as a way to focus and not think about bc constantly. 9 months post diagnosis I'm well cancer free and building up my exercise so feel like I have come through the other end and hope you will be in that position soon All the best lyn 
  • Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    Options
    Welcome Sharon. Did you have a mammogram, ultrasound and fine needle biopsy to diagnose? Next there will be a CT scan and a bone density scan. You get good at sitting in dr waiting rooms.
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Welcome Sharon.
    So do you have your pathology results?
    There is a number of diffetent ways breast cancer is classified.
    Stage...is size and mode inbolvement.
    Grade is after pathology  and is how closely the cancer resembles the origibal cell it came from...so it csn mean how many times it has changed from when it mutated. 

I've  added some usefil links and bcna have a pathology download page which will help you understsnd more about your type of breast cancer.  Kath x

https://canceraustralia.gov.au/affected-cancer/cancer-types/breast-cancer/diagnosis/stages-breast-cancer

https://www.bcna.org.au/understanding-breast-cancer/types-of-breast-cancer/
  • ShazS
    Options
    Thank you so much explaining and the links very handy and thoughtful of you
  • adean
    adean Member Posts: 1,036
    Options
    Hi ladies l want to tell you lm 5 years post diagnosis and its do able. Life will never be the same and sometimes it controls you but you get through it. Good bad and better days is how ld describe it. Im a different person, l love the new me l found a new me.l think l will actualy never be cancer free but l will be free of cancer. Im living loving and breathing and thats the best. Adean
  • Barney74
    Barney74 Member Posts: 89
    Options
    Hi Sharon sorry to hear about your dignosis this group is famtasic lots of Advice and lots of lovely women to speak to all the best x o:)
  • ShazS
    Options
    Thanks Barney , thanks for your kind words . We will all stay positive and I think the main thing is just knowing someone is out there and are caring and listening, just a hello means the world to me. Sharyn