moving to sunshine coast

Options

Good morning all,

I am diagnosed (feb 2017) with Triple neg breast cancer. Recently completed 6 mths chemo and last week surgery (lumpectomy and removal of port). Feeling nervous as I continue my journey (next few weeks 6 weeks of radiotherapy) and now have decided to move to sunnier climate (jan 2018) to assist with lifestyle change but need a recommendation of oncologist/breast surgeon? any advice. Will be living just near Mooloolaba. Thanks all.

Comments

• Kat09
    Kat09 Member, Dragonfly Posts: 269
    Options
    Hi Cath,
    how exciting Mooloolaba is beautiful. My Mum lived there for over 20 years before selling their business and retiring to Northern NSW. Mum has seen DR Chris Pyke in Brisbane since her BC diagnosis in 1998. I'm pretty certain he works out of the Mater Hospital up there.
  • Cath Chatterton
    Cath Chatterton Member Posts: 2
    Options

Thanks so much for your recommendation Kat09. Yes, we are excited and figure that we need to run out and get those dreams, no more waiting for them to come to us!!!

• Kat09
    Kat09 Member, Dragonfly Posts: 269
    Options
    He is a lovely man and well respected. If he can't see you I am certain that he will recommend someone for you. You'll enjoy the lifestyle up there it's so chilled, cotton tree is beautiful too great cafes, shops and restaurants.