Working Out and Energised that is Affordable

Karen_C
Karen_C Member Posts: 93
Hi Guys,

Compelled to shout out about the benefit of exercise despite any physical limitations. I have bone and brains mets.  I have always been active but last year certainly tested my resolve.   I had fractures and both femurs due to the affects of a bone density drug.   I now have rods in both femurs.   Return to mobility was arduous as I re-fractured around the rods twice in both legs which set me back twice after surgery.  To think this time last year I was in a wheelchair and now feeling better than ever.
I thank the team at St. Vincents who first started me with hydro therapy to get my muscles activated again which then followed with gym sessions that were designed to improve my balance and strength.    At that time I registered with Plenty Valley Community Health.  There is quite a waiting list but its worth registering as once you are in their program, you stay for as long as you want.   I am now doing two gym sessions, designed for me, under supervision out of Mill Park YMCA at a cost of $5.50 per session and so enjoying it.   I put on 10kgs last year through inactivity.   Thus far I have chipped off 6kgs and hope to be back to my original weight by the end of the year.     The upshot is I am so enjoying the exercise and interacting with people and my body has become so much stronger.    I now have confidence in my body which I had lost completely.  If you live in the Northern Suburbs, recommend you get in touch.   You will need a referral.    As they say  - you lose it if you don't use it.  Attached is copy of brochure.  

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Cate64
    Cate64 Member Posts: 446
    @Karen_C you are local to me so thanks for all that info, i will look into it myself..
  • poodlejules
    poodlejules Member Posts: 393
    Breast West, part of Western Health Sunshine Vic offers breast cancer patients FREE 12x45 min 'recovery' gym sessions at their hospital gym. There were only 5 of us of different ages and abilities but we all improved over the 12 weeks and it gave me the confidence to go back and rejoin my old gym .It's a wonderful program !