I've got this ....

Options
Annetted
Annetted Member Posts: 15
Wow what a whirlwind ... 4th July I went for a routine mamogram , they found 2 lumps in my right breast , i had a right breast Masectomy on the 4th of August, and I've just got my results back, I suppose the results are good( well as good as they can be) 1 Tumor was stage 3 Tumor  2 was stage 2 but I have nothing in my nodes, yay .. but they are multifocal which means chemo , radiation and hormone treatment.. 
i think I need to sit back and breathe ....feeling very overwhelmed tonight .. 

Comments

• Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options

I'll bet you are feeling overwhelmed, Annette. This stuff is exhausting and confusing, particularly in the early days. As you start to learn the language and get to know who is who in your cancer zoo some of the confusion abates. It is still a huge thing to deal with and it feels like it takes over your whole life. Unfortunately there aren't many short cuts and we just have to plod through it.

There is a wealth of experience here. There are also no stupid questions and no repercussions if you need to have the sort of rant you may not want to have in front of your family and friends. Good luck. Marg x

• primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    Welcome. Yes the start is overwhelming.
  • Renee_BCNA
    Renee_BCNA Member Posts: 60
    Options
    Hi @Annetted, yes its all a bit of a whirlwind isnt it! Have you received a My Journey Kit and My Care Kit from us?
    If not please give us a buzz on 1800 500 258 so we can organise these to be sent. 
    We will support you in whatever you need and so will the ladies here xo
  • Hopes_and_Dreams
    Hopes_and_Dreams Member Posts: 760
    Options
    Hi @Annetted, it's like being on a roller coaster you can't get off (and I HATE rollercoasters!!!).  Everything is new,  we are being pushed from test to test, so much information to take in!  But, we just have to roll with it - no choice is there?
    That being said, welcome!  Sorry you find yourself here but it is the right place to be for support.  We have all been where you are and completely get how you are feeling.
    My cancer was also picked up in a routine bi-annual mammogram. Thank goodness for Breastscreen! 
    Great that your surgery is over with and your nodes were clear.  I had a nipple sparing mastectomy with immediate implant and didn't need chemo or radiation (just hormone treatment). I can't help with any information on chemo or radiation but you will find many posts about this.  Others will jump in with more advice if needed, just ask. Once your treatment plan is mapped out you will feel more in control, but for now just take time to absorb it all.  It's a huge shock but you can do this.   Let us know how you are going and remember that we are all here for you.  Jane xx

• Molly001
    Molly001 Member Posts: 419
    Options
    I like your heading. You HAVE got this & we've got your back! It's not probably gonna be easy, but you can do it! We're here if you have any questions, need support or just want to vent. xxxooo
  • Annetted
    Annetted Member Posts: 15
    Options
    Thanks everyone, xxx