Morning devotional

BarbieAnneBarbieAnne Member Posts: 41
My devotional this morning reminded me that God us our Alpha and Omega. He is with us always, in a world of constant change, this includes our own bodies. He is the same yesterday and today and forever. Because He never changes, he is our rock-solid foundation. He never leaves our side, even when we move from this world into the next.

Comments

• au0reiau0rei Member Posts: 145
    Amen @BarbieAnne

This morning I was as usual going about my day. I went upstairs to get a t-shirt as I was preparing to workout on my Nordic Track. Then I felt in my spirit that God wanted me to spend time with Him instead. I went downstairs and then upstairs back to my room. I told God if He has called me to spend that time with Him then I would obey as I really did not want to be going rounds in the desert and I know it's the best thing ever. How amazing it really was. I just felt so touched as I sang songs and cried out how much I need Him every moment of my life. Life is so busy every single day. It's full on each day. But how much more important to spend that quality time before Him as Mary did. I have been Martha for long enough.

Sharing what I read today : Psalm 146. Let us put our hope and trust on God. Everything else is sinking sand.

Praise the Lord.[a]

Praise the Lord, my soul.

2 I will praise the Lord all my life;
        I will sing praise to my God as long as I live.
    3 Do not put your trust in princes,
        in human beings, who cannot save.
    4 When their spirit departs, they return to the ground;
        on that very day their plans come to nothing.
    5 Blessed are those whose help is the God of Jacob,
        whose hope is in the Lord their God.

• BarbieAnneBarbieAnne Member Posts: 41
    @auOrei, it is so true that we need to put our trust in God. I remember an experience many years ago, I made the statement that the only people I could always rely on, were my father, mother and husband  (at the time ). Within a twelve month period my father had died, my mother was in deep depression and my husband decided he "didn't know" how he felt about me - end of a 25 year marriage.
    I was clearly shown that God is the only constant in my life. 

It is good that you are listening to His urging. Your experience yesterday gives me motivation to spend more time and to listen to Him more often!

PS Good outcome to my above story is that God gave me a new husband who loves Him.