Living with teenagers and bc

2»

Comments

• Anne94
    Anne94 Member Posts: 162
    I have a son who turns 18 in a couple of weeks & my daughter who turns 13 a fortnight after. 
    I'm finding my lad the most difficult to deal with. He doesn't want to have any conversations that have anything to do with cancer. When I had my operations he basically left home until the day after my hysterectomy. Even now he really is most days obnoxious and knows everything (which I put down to being 18). But because I'm stable & back at work, it's like cancer doesn't exist. Anyway, I've managed to gain an extra 18yr old because his mother threw him out. 

• JanineG
    JanineG Member Posts: 148
    My teen immediately went back to the world revolving around her the moment she thought I was back to normal. All it took was me saying I feel tired today, I need to rest, I need you to help me please and immediately she would do whatever I asked (face sulky). I'm better at listening to my body now and better at asking for help. I think our household is happier. If you don't speak up they will definitely not hear you! Xxo Janine G 
  • Romla
    Romla Member Posts: 2,092
    I have twin 16 year old boys ( was a big surprise at 47) and a 23 year old daughter who has just started her first job 300 km away.In truth starting to realise myself been one helluva year . Helping my daughter move out of home , all the bc treatment overlaid by the usuals of busy family life ramped up by a dose of cabin fever from a wet and cold winter. And yep the kids are no longer easy re clothes , food and their schedules - think I could join a circus as a juggler.Am lucky as am retired after 40 years working  - well sort of as do volunteer work.But in the interests of my sanity will be reassessing my contribution to the superwoman myth and making my family aware of the change in my status. 

Thank you you everyone for your thoughts and ideas - it has meant a lot and made me think some.