Just an offload

Options
cranky_granny
cranky_granny Member Posts: 703
edited August 2017 in Day to day
Just when I felt I could cope with going back to work part time. There isn't any hours available at my old Office  humbug. Considering my options. 
Early retirement gone not enough $ there. Used most of  it when hubby got sick and then his funeral 
Whose going to employ someone with a foster child that has special needs plus put up with all the appointments that comes with this diagnosis 
where to next. 
Bah humbug.  Can't downsize further, What more can be thrown a 1 single person hating my life at the moment. 
Grrrrr 

Comments

• Mira
    Mira Member Posts: 678
    Options
    Don't give up cranky_granny, I wasn't working for years (due to a different illness) then I was offered a job online as a social media moderator.  It's casual, from home, flexible hours (for me, not for everyone).  Keep your eyes open and think outside the box, lots of people are working casual from home these days and some employers are a lot more flexible. 
  • cranky_granny
    Options
    Thanks @Mira
    i think I'm just having a down day. Too many things happening and it doesn't help that attended a cousins funeral yesterday (cancer). There are just too many family members at the moment either post cancer treatment or died from cancer or heading into treatment. All of them have been different kinds of cancer bar one (kept it to herself as her mum was too ill at the time) only came up because I am obviously just finished my treatment. 
  • Molly001
    Molly001 Member Posts: 419
    Options
    That's why we're here... for down days. Go ahead & offload so tomorrow feels a little better. I'm sure there's a job out there for you. Don't write yourself off. Remember all the wisdom & experience you have to offer a workplace and I'm sure you have many other great skills and personality traits too. Not everyone wants to employ young people. In fact, many employers have a big dislike for milennials. Hang in there xxxooo
  • Mira
    Mira Member Posts: 678
    Options
    I'm so sorry about your cousin, I'm waiting for news that my Aunt has passed from bowel cancer.  I suspect I'll hear when I see my parents today.  Its a horrid disease.  Take care of yourself. 
  • cranky_granny
    Options
    Thanks  I dare say I'll bounce back. Just raw ATM. That's 3 on paternal side of the the family 3 on the maternal side and my immediate 2 brothers diagnosed and myself. And they are the ones I know of plus hubby. Let's just say I've had a sh*t 3 years. Just way toooo many 
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    I didn't change my hours to part time ...just full time with sick leave forms to work less (unpaid as no leave left) and gradually increased my work hours with a return to work plan. Surprisingly I managed pretty much the same workload in less hours.  (Sadly not same money) My certificate just included what I could do, not what I couldn't. 

https://www.fairwork.gov.au/leave/sick-and-carers-leave

http://employsure.com.au/blog/management-of-non-work-related-injuriesillnesses-employers-health-and-safety-obligations-relating-to-employees-injured-outside-of-work/
  • cranky_granny
    edited August 2017
    Options
    @primek  sadly for me I have been employed as a casual since 1999. No work no pay. No holidays etc etc. When hubby was alive I received a wife's pension reduced by the hours I worked. He was on disability pension. Casual work suited our situation at the time as I never new when he was going to be well enough to care for the kids or in hospital. That's a whole other story. When he passed. Little did I know the rules had been changed re Centrelink instead of going onto the widows allowance went onto Newstart what a shock. Lost the family home etc etc. I was lucky a broker got me into a small house with a mortgage still but not the same. I think I'm just on a downer right now. Besides all the health rubbish and side effects not resolved yet. And a 12 year old that thinks he can do whatever he likes (got news for him).
    what I am going to try focus on is January 2018. I am having a holiday away from it all even if I don't have any spending money. I'm not going to cancel another trip. ONE DAY AT A TIME. for the moment. Just riding the waves. 
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    Oh Bugger. Yes the Casual work is great until sick. Hopefully something will come up that suits you. Meanwhile I guess focus on your fitness and enjoy not working as much as finances permit. X
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options
    What a fucking mess. Sorry. When the shit rains down it comes in bucket  loads.

It's like that old nursery rhyme, 'For want of a nail, the shoe was lost, for want of a shoe the horse was lost, for want of...etc. 
    So hard to figure out where that original  'thing' went pear shaped but by the time your whole life is in a downward spiral it hardly matters. I wish I could help. Marg xxx
  • cranky_granny
    Options
    @Zoffiel thanks that bought a smile to my face. I'll hit the bottom of the life of snakes and ladders which is mine pick myself up throw the dice and be thankful I'm alive. Just need some good news for a change. Been reading posts about will my cancer come back etc. and it was probably my cousins death and funeral that set me off on the downward slide. tomorrows another day and time to put that smile on my face and enjoy a kids birthday party. Nothing like kids to take my mind off my woes