• socoda
    socoda Member Posts: 1,767
    Options
    Go you good Jane!!!!!! \o/   
  • June1952
    June1952 Member Posts: 1,830
    Options
    Good news Hopes_and_Dreams.
    I had heard of the tumour markers test but my oncologist has never ordered any for me.  I figure if she thought it was necessary she would order one - so I am guessing she sets no trust in it.
    My now annual scans etc are coming up (3 years since my mastectomy) and the scanxiety is setting in but what will be will be, eh ?
    Keep well.  Summer  :-)
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,373
    Options
    Ditto. I am in the jittery stages before my 5 year test! 
  • Hopes_and_Dreams
    Hopes_and_Dreams Member Posts: 760
    Options
    Good morning everyone, just an update.  I had  the pelvic ultrasound and bone density scan. No call back for the PU so I am going to assume all is OK there but I will follow up with my GP. 
    My bone density has gone backwards a smidge but when I saw my surgeon last week he wasn't too concerned.  Another scan in 12 months but I need to start jogging/running as opposed to all the walking I do.  He also wasn't overly worried about the tumour marker. I'll have another blood test in 3 months to compare but my levels may naturally run high.  Breathing a bit easier!!!
    What did come up again was ovary removal so I'm seriously considering having this done early in the NY while my husband is on school hols.
    I've read a lot of posts about it so am not concerned,  just worried about the surgery itself. I've had a lot of abdominal surgery and keyhole may be hard if there is internal scarring.
    Anyway, I have the names of some good surgeons so I'm sure they must have operated on worse than me.  
    Hope it is a lovely weekend wherever you are and that you are all going OK.  Jane xx
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    Great news - considering what you've been through previously!  Good idea to keep a check on bone density
    Take care
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options
    I'm so glad you are feeling less stressed, Jane

Ovary removal, pah, piece of cake compared to a lot of the other stuff. Mind you, if they are still doing their stuff, the last step into menopause is a doozy. Worth it in the long run if it is being advised for you, one less thing to worry about in the future. I had mine out at 'The Reject Shop' as I call GVH and had minimal issues--disolvable stitches give me the irrits-- so if you have a reputable surgeon you  are on the right track. Good luck. Marg xx
  • Hopes_and_Dreams
    Hopes_and_Dreams Member Posts: 760
    Options
    thank you all so much for your support.   @Zoffiel, I think my ovaries well and truly packed it in around 10 years ago when I was 46!  I'm taking Arimidex so I figure removing my ovaries and getting rid of the the tiny amount of hormones which may still be leaking out won't make much difference!  Peace of mind is worth everything for all of us, isn't it.   Jane  xx