Reclaiming Life

Options
primek
primek Member Posts: 5,392
Well we did the 1,000k round trip to the breast surgeon appointment  end of July.
All good. I got to discuss nipple reconstruction and now on waiting list for those.

Since it usually takes us 3 days to do this trip, we decided to go on my husbands motorbike and think of it as a mini holiday.  It was all about recovery. Only my 3rd time on the bike since diagnosis and my second bigger trip. We were planning a huge holiday on the bike the year of diagnosis. It's time now for us to plan that again.  This trip was testing if it was possible. And it was.  :)

I was surprised how many messages I got asking if all alright at my appointment. I was surprised. Why? Because...I didn't even consider it wouldn't be. How fantastic is that?!

Cancer sucks.
Cancer treatment is downright hard.
Cancer treatment recovery is hard.
But the whole point of it is to take back your life and live it to the full, live without fear overwhelming you and keep pushing yourself until you can truly say..I've made it.
I'm not quite there yet...but I'm getting there.
And you can to. Believe. Kath x

Comments

• Hopes_and_Dreams
    Hopes_and_Dreams Member Posts: 760
    Options
    Thanks Kath, so true! Every day is one step closer to the day when we no longer look over our shoulder!  Great photo, you look radiant!!
    Jane xx
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,373
    Options
    It is fantastic, so are you!!
  • Romla
    Romla Member Posts: 2,092
    Options
    I enjoy seeing the vibrancy in your face , the practical posts and the getting on with enjoying  life atitude - you lift us all in your slipstream . Only one more thing to add  " Go for it girl! "
  • Cynth6
    Cynth6 Member Posts: 189
    Options
    Love the photo. You look lovely and happy
  • Nenemiles
    Nenemiles Member Posts: 54
    Options
    Hi kath great news and glad you had a good ride. Xx
  • adean
    adean Member Posts: 1,036
    Options
    Great news kath your hair is amazing and as always that amazing smile. Xxx
  • Molly001
    Molly001 Member Posts: 419
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks for sharing & inspiring. xxo
  • socoda
    socoda Member Posts: 1,767
    Options
    Thanks Biker Chick!!!!! Xx
  • Isaidso
    Isaidso Member Posts: 31
    Options
    A wonderful photo!!
    These posts are important because on the cancer road trip if feels like something is lost and therefore needs to be reclaimed. 
    Xxx
  • MelissaD
    MelissaD Member Posts: 28
    Options
    Love this!
  • Nadi
    Nadi Member Posts: 619
    Options
    Looking great Kath!
  • socoda
    socoda Member Posts: 1,767
    Options
    Hey Kath @primek, gotta say I love the skelly hanging off the handlebars!! Xx 
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    Lol... @socoda It is a key chain.