Cup of Tea

Hendrix
Hendrix Member Posts: 322
What tea are you drinking that you can actually taste or helps with nausea? The week before my next chemo I can just taste green tea and jasmine tea. I'm completely off black tea and coffee. xx

Comments

• Lmc1310
    Lmc1310 Member Posts: 120
    Perhaps ginger tea. Best wishes with your treatment
  • Tennille
    Tennille Member Posts: 174
    Peppermint or Ginger
  • wendy_h67
    wendy_h67 Member, Dragonfly Posts: 466
    Yes I have had this problem and found that I enjoyed apple juice instead. Now I finding apple juice too sweet, so I'm sticking to water. Its usually only a few days after chemo, then I can drink coffee again. Tea seems to have no flavor but it is always better if some one makes you a cup and you dont have to do it yourself.
  • wendy55
    wendy55 Member Posts: 774
    Tetleys Peppermint with a hint of Shaved Lemongrass,my partner has tummy problems and this is the best, also if I feel a bit":sicky"this is what I have you can really taste the peppermint and its very soothing you can buy them in packs of 20 at any supermarket they are in a rectangular box about 6 inches high, tetleys have a range of about 4 teas in this range, I am still on Oral Chemo so my taste buds are shot to pieces, but I can really taste this.
    Wendy55
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Ginger and lemon with a dash of pomegranate juice. The pomegranate on it's own with hot water is also good or put a dash of it in soda water. It is tart enough to make your mouth pucker if you add any more than the amount of milk you'd usually use so be careful. Also excellent with vodka which is something to keep in mind for later if you get a taste for it :) Marg
  • Hendrix
    @Zoffiel hmmm I can't wait for vodka
  • Hendrix
    @Zoffiel not sure why it posted half my comment lol I will give the pomegranate and hot water a go xx 
  • Molly001
    Molly001 Member Posts: 419
    I enjoyed liptons chai latte durng chemo. I went off black tea & coffee also.
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Licorice tea tasted pretty good to me on chemo.
  • Hendrix
    @Molly001 chai didn't go down well for me 
    @primek I love licorice but almost gagged on the tea lol