Done & dusted

Options
Sparkles
Sparkles Member Posts: 36
i almost feel guilty for posting this when I see so many of you with complications, fears & difficulties that are making your journey so hard. But there are good news stories & they gave me hope when I first started my journey, so ....

after being diagnosed on my birthday in January, I have had surgery (lumpectomy), a Portacath inserted, chemotherapy that made me feel pretty ordinary, 5 weeks of radiation, numerous scans and am seeing a cardiologist due to heart issues discovered as a result of Herceptin (treatment is going well). 

I am am really pleased to say that I am cancer free, finished the intrusive treatments, growing stronger daily, and starting to discuss returning to work. My beautiful family threw me a "you kicked cancer's arse" party on the weekend and my sister made an awesome "boob cake".

I also went to Brisbane last week for my daughter's graduation (second one this year - first was in that awful first week after first chemo). While I was there I went to the bead shop & made myself a bracelet that represents my journey - photo below. 

I am am feeling great and ready to reclaim my life. I sincerely thank everyone here for the support you give to me and all of our BC sisters. 

Hope you can see the photos 

Hugs to you all
Lesley XOXO

Comments

• HIT
    HIT Member Posts: 261
    Options
    Congrats Lesley, Love that cake.Pam

• Sparkles
    Options
    Thanks Pam. It was a great night  :):)
  • Mira
    Mira Member Posts: 678
    Options
    Congrats Lesley, it feels good to be on the other side of it. :) 
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,373
    Options
    Well done, good story to inspire others.!
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    Woo hoo! 
  • Collpepsi
    Collpepsi Member Posts: 19
    Options
    Congratulations on reaching the 'other side'. I think I will put in an order for one of those cakes post treatment!
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    Congratulations. Love the "kick cancers arse party" and cake.  I was going to have one too but so friggin tired after chemo it didn't happen...and my herceptin got stopped so I felt awkward about that.  Anyways I decided I'm going to be having a welcome to my new girls party after nipple reconstruction done (I had a farewell boobie party). ..and I intend it to be a fun party too. Kath x. 
  • Sparkles
    Options
    Thanks everyone - it is nice to be on the other side. My positive energy is now pouring out for all the other ladies who need it!
  • Mrs_H
    Mrs_H Member Posts: 102
    Options
    A huge congratulations. Every milestone should be celebrated. I'm looking forward to many a party for things like "Chemo finished", "surgery recovery", "active treatment over and port removed", etc. Can't wait :D  Jen.
  • Cynth6
    Cynth6 Member Posts: 189
    Options
    Congratulations ☺️  Love the cake haha xo
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options
    Feels good, doesn't it? Some of this stuff is not as bad as we think it is going to be, some of it is worse. The thing that is really good is knowing you've done it, regardless of how you feel at the end. Done and dusted indeed. Marg xx
  • lgray3911
    lgray3911 Member Posts: 207
    Options
    Congratulations!! So exciting xx