Eyebrow tattooing

Options
Pearl
Pearl Member Posts: 16
Does anyone know if there is some way to get eyebrow tattooing (Feathertouch) cheaper than $495 ? My eyebrows have not re-grown after chemo and this has been suggested to me. it is expensive and not permanent. A friend said she heard it is possible to get reimbursed/ covered by Medicare for such procedures as this. She is having nipples re-created and later tattooed and there will be no cost to her. 

Comments

• primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I paid for mine on chemo and was glad as my regrowth has been very sparse. I don't know of anyway to get it cheaper. I believe some salons may provide a discount for those who have had cancer but you would need to ask. The price you are given for feathertouch is actually very cheap as normally around 600. A soft block colour would be longer lasting (and doesn't need to look like hollywood brows). I had a soft block and they look pretty good. My original brows were fine and light anyway so I kept with my original look.

Photo is 12 months on. 

Although expensive it is your face and you want someone really good at it. Many women would easily spend that on their hair in 6 months and that certainly isn't permanent. That is how I justified it myself. You could ask if you could pay off..ahead of getting it done. Kath x
  • Pearl
    Options
    Thankyou for your reply! I will do a bit more research and meanwhile I'll just keep pencilling them on while I save some money up! 
  • Romla
    Romla Member Posts: 2,092
    Options
    Wow Kath you are gorgeous!
  • Romla
    Romla Member Posts: 2,092
    Options
    Maybe that is something BCNA could do for us - lobby tattoo organisations(?) and health funds/ govt as it does effect the way you feel as a survivor ie your appearance regardless of age
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    Eyebrow tattooing is normally done by specially trained makeup tattooist. Not normal tattooist. Good job they are not permanent really as lets face it...eyebrow fashion changes over time.
  • rowdy
    rowdy Member Posts: 1,165
    Options
    Hi where are you ? I'm from Melbourrne and I had mine done at a cosmetic training school in Coburg. I also had my nipples done there as well
  • Pearl
    Options
    Hello...I'm from Frankston. I've never heard of cosmetic training schools doing it, but it makes sense. I will ask around about it today. Thanks. 

• wendy_h67
    wendy_h67 Member, Dragonfly Posts: 466
    Options
    Nice photo Prime K , you look really good. I have no eye brows or eye lashes at present, but still having chemo. My hair is starting to grow with a few bald patches still present. Hopefully it will grow enough to cover the bald patches. My hair is also coming back snow white just like my mothers hair use to be. I have just turned 71 and this is the third time I have lost my hair so I grateful for any hair . You do look well so I hope you stay well.Best wishes.
  • Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    Options
    I have a friend who got her eyelashes tattoo'd many year ago. She said it looked like she had mascara on even when she got out of bed. I don't know if she got it touched up or not but in her 50's now and still looks good.  
  • Monicasfootsteps
    Monicasfootsteps Member Posts: 13
    Options
    Hi @Brenda5
    do you mean like a thin eyeliner? Just at the top? 
    thanks
  • Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    edited August 2017
    Options
    All around the eye, top and bottom. Looks like she has makeup on even if she just got out of bed.