Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

right hand on my thumb, and Index finger and my palm, pins and needles

Options
What to do my sister supper the pain on her right hand on the thumb and index Finger and palm pins and needles

Comments

• Tennille
    Tennille Member Posts: 174
    Options
    Get it checked out. I had the same problem and it turned out I had tumours in the lymph nodes in my neck that had wrapped around my nerves in my shoulder. 
  • fairydust
    fairydust Member Posts: 290
    Options
    @cute31892015 you can always ring the breast care nurses or ask a message to be sent to your oncologist. You can also see your local gp. Your sister may have a reaction to the chemo or could be neuropathy. Either way get it checked out.
    You can also ring the cancer council. If in pain get some help most side effects from treatment can be helped.
  • onemargie
    onemargie Member Posts: 1,264
    Options
    I have that still after the paclitaxol. It's called chemo induced peripheral neuropathy (CIPN). It has stated to settle a bit now 10 months after chemo but only really bothers me at night I'm fine once I'm warmed up. But definately worth investigating further either way. Margie 
  • Jess_BCNA
    Jess_BCNA Member Posts: 475
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Hi @cute31892015 - Just wanted to jump in to welcome you to the Online Network. If your sister has any concerns of any side effects that she may be experiencing it can sometimes be best to seek advice from her medical team. Jess x