Hair Shampoo

Options
Annabelle
Annabelle Member Posts: 45

Hey guys,

I finished chemo in April and my hair is really coming in now. I haven't needed to wash it just using warm water  as its not oily just quite fluffy. Would love to hear what shampoos others started off on their fresh baby hair. I'm quite aware of not using to many harmful ingredients.

Comments

• Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,371
    Options

I used baby shampoo but many of the "no chemical" shampoos are good for the environment but not necessarily what your new hair needs. Something with few chemicals and keratin may be good for stronger growth. I have heard that Aveda shampoos is good but haven't used it. Don't be surprised at changes in your hair - colour, texture, everything! And it can keep changing for a really long time. Like many people, I started with chalk white frizz, then grey frizz, grey brown frizz, brown curls and finally (well to date, nearly three years later) slightly wavy. My hair was poker straight before. It was also coarse in texture and is now much finer. I have always liked changing my hair around, so I don't mind the variety! Good luck.

• Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options
    I just use the same as before--Palmers Coco Butter shamp and con. I'm also a long term fan of Argan oil (Aldi version is fine for me) which is keeping the fluffiness down a bit and adds a nice shine
  • Melsie97
    Melsie97 Member Posts: 74
    Options
    I use the Baby Shampoo by Milkandco from Woolworths. I've been using it since I lost my hair in November 2016. 
    I still use it now. 

• TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,836
    Options
    I used Cetaphil wash because my scalp was so sensitive.
  • wendy_h67
    wendy_h67 Member, Dragonfly Posts: 466
    Options
    I use Moo goo Milk shampoo. Its very gentle on new growth of hair and senitive scalps.
  • onemargie
    onemargie Member Posts: 1,264
    Options
    My hairdresser got me some abba brand shampoo to use which is really gentle. Margie x
  • Annabelle
    Annabelle Member Posts: 45
    Options
    Thanks for that everyone. My hairdresser has recommended something called nioxin shampoo. So will give that a go. So exciting as I'm almost 4 months out of Chemo and just about to colour my hair at my appointment next week.
  • Harlee
    Harlee Member Posts: 106
    Options
    I have been using Nioxin for several years as I had thin hair before chemo. Incredibly it's even thinner now but I find that Nioxin does make a difference. 
    Note that it is designed to get the blood flowing to your scalp so it can make your skin red and tingly.