Feelings

Options
Michelle49
Michelle49 Member Posts: 37
Second AC chemo done Thursday with PICC line and feeling ok, first day after and eating alright but today everything I eat I can't finish. Nothing tastes good, feeling blah but my husband just took photos of my hair that is falling out and made me laugh while he was doing it as he said he is sending pics to my daughter in Scotland . I've gone from hair down to my waist to shaved to prepare for the loss and didn't concern me a bit 
now it's falling out in patches and I find it's making me smile. Part of the process and I know that I'm weird but it's only hair right 

Comments

• primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    Great you can find something to laugh about. Think of it as the chemo doing it's job. I was relieved when it was gone really but the baldness did get me down a bit. So don't be surprised if that sneaks up on you. I have lots of silly hats I wore to make me smile. Gotta do what we can. Kath x. 
  • Michelle49
    Michelle49 Member Posts: 37
    Options
    Thanks Kath yeah I might get a bit teary when it's all gone but my hubby will keep me smiling as he comes out with smart remarks like a little while ago " how's your hair going sinead?" 
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options
    Sinead, blah. I've had the comparison, now it's growing back I don't want to be Sinead any more. I wanna be Jamie Lee Curtis or Annie Lennox or Dame Judy. Or me, which will probably have to do. Happy birthday, by the way @Michelle49
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,373
    Options
    Happy birthday! You are quite right, it's only hair! I had more problems with others when my hair grew back, as I wore a wig at work and no-one could understand why I had changed my attractive auburn cut for a greying bad perm! But it was mine!! And while I was never very upset about it going, I was very pleased to have it back. Best wishes.
  • viking1
    viking1 Member Posts: 288
    Options
    I have already bought some scrub caps from USA for when my time comes. I got the idea when in hospital as the scrub nurses had some adorable caps. I've gone for 3 boring ones first but they have dry wicking which is cool. Steel, black,and navy. I could have had lollipops or cat's ears etc. Maybe later. I am keen to visit the wig library I was referred to. I might be like a spy and go blonde or red  - or pink for fun. I am trying to be upbeat but still cross as I hate my hair short and it's the longest it's ever been! But I am definitely going to stop colouring it when it grows back - will save heaps from not needing roots done
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options
    Wigs can be entertaining. You're doing it at the right time of year; my first chemo was in winter and I had a blast with all sorts of looks--none of which remotely resembled my natural hair. My research suggested blondes do have more fun. 

A couple of my fav hairpieces survived the intervening 10 years and when I did it all again I was quietly looking forward to the whole 'who will I be today' thing. I got online and bought 6 new wigs (cheapies) Epic fail. Between being sick as and a diabolical summer I couldnt wear them at all. Just had to rock the bald thing, which was OK but I was soooo pleased when my eyelashes grew back. The local wig library now have all the new fake hair, hopefully someone will benefit.
  • Unicornkisses
    Unicornkisses Member Posts: 402
    Options
    I wasn't too concerned about the hair going at first, though my hairdresser cried when she shaved my head.
    My head was hurting so it was a relief to have it gone.
    Summer was good at home where I just went bald, but going out was a trial as my head got hot in everything and have me a headache.
    Winter is good, I can wear a turban most of the time. I have two lovely wigs from two lovely people, but hate wearing them, they are too tight and hot.
    I can just manage to put up with a light scarf wrapped artistically around a light turban when I go out, but am back into my sleep cap when I get home. Even that comes off in bed most nights.
    4 months in and I am sick of having to wear things on my head, it has become a real trial.
    But my hair is starting to come back, grey, spikey and slow, but I am looking forward to having enough to look decent without a hat.

• Sparkles
    Sparkles Member Posts: 36
    Options
    Like you @Unicornkisses my hair is coming back grey ( nothing new there), spikey and slowly. I have rarely worn anything on my head - I rock bald so haven't bothered, and I found most covers too hot.  Haha I had the Sinead comment too. Minions, pac-man and emoticons were the other comments I got :wink:
    XX