Travel Insurance

Options
Hello Wonder Women,

I will be taking a break in Bali after radiotherapy is finished. Can anyone recommend a good travel insurance provider? I read the BCNA fact sheet on travel insurance but as you'd expect they don't recommend particular companies. I don't want to waste my time talking to insurers who will make it hard for me to get coverage due to early breast cancer diagnosis.

Thanks in advance :-)

Comments

• adean
    adean Member Posts: 1,036
    Options
    Alliance l use them all the time
  • Cate64
    Cate64 Member Posts: 446
    Options
    Unfortunately they will all make it hard for you if you are less than 6 months post active treatment
  • mum2jj
    mum2jj Member Posts: 4,330
    Options
    Covermore are the best I have found, but think @Cate64 is right and you have to be 6 months post treatment.  Having said that, you should be still able to get cover, Just not for anything BC related. It would just be an exclusion. Paula xx

• Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,371
    Options
    Agree Covermore is good but it won't cover you for anything related to cancer until 6 months after active treatment. Best to find out exactly what may be considered cancer related. 
  • Pinkisthenewblack
    Pinkisthenewblack Member Posts: 29
    Options
    Thank you everyone. I'll try Covermore first, I think. I don't expect to have any bc related issues so it should be fine.
  • Gerryb
    Gerryb Member Posts: 106
    Options
    I just took out insurance with covermore from my Bali trip, you pay a extra premium on top.
  • Pinkisthenewblack
    Options
    Thanks @Gerryb
  • Cassina
    Cassina Member Posts: 74
    Options
    shocking experience with Allianze, not good to deal with if you make a claim, had to take them to the Ombudsman
  • Pinkisthenewblack
    Options
    @Cassina defs Covermore then :-)
  • Hopes_and_Dreams
    Hopes_and_Dreams Member Posts: 760
    Options
    I used Covermore for an upcoming trip to Japan. I did it all online and answered a few questions about my diagnosis.  I was just 6 months post op and had to pay an extra premium.  Good luck. 
    How great to have a holiday to look forward to after your treatment! Jane x
  • Pinkisthenewblack
    Options
    Thanks Jane @Hopes_and_Dreams
  • Cassina
    Cassina Member Posts: 74
    Options
    Covermore sounds better, all good if you do not claim, then they do not want to pay! a holiday sounds a great idea after treatment, good luck! By the way Allianze was for a badly broken ankle and there attitude was the issue, they would not admit to the claim and as it was in France told me surgeons report was in French! ( yes it was ) I do advise not arguing with a French Surgeon! My son also had some dealings in Japan with a Japanese Surgeon and again Allianze said, do not listen to the Surgeon and sign yourself out of hospital! Sadly in both cases it was the Nurses giving this advise, however in my sons case they did accept the claim and then were good. I think it depends who you speak to, however you do not have accidents on purpose!

• SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    Options
    @Flozza105
     this is one post about insurance