Targeted exercise trial for people diagnosed with breast cancer (VIC only)
Health Team Australia are currently recruiting people into a 12-week exercise trial to identify benefits of exercise for those currently undergoing or recently finished treatment for breast cancer.
Health Team Australia is an allied health company built from a solid exercise physiology foundation. Working with the YMCA, Health Team Australia empowers and contributes to the health of Australian communities by delivering evidence-based health education and programs contributing to freedom, health and happiness for all individuals.
What will the trial involve?
The trial will
run for 12 weeks and includes:
- 1x 45 minute initial consultation with Exercise Physiologist where baseline assessments will occur
- 4x 45 minute exercise prescription/progression sessions with Exercise Physiologist
- 4x telephone consultations with Exercise Physiologist
- 1x final consultation with Exercise Physiologist where final assessments will occur
- A 3 month membership to a participating YMCA facility
- A thera-band to allow participants to do a prescribed home based exercise program in conjunction with a gym based prescription.
Who is eligible to participate?
- Anyone currently undergoing or recently finished breast cancer treatment
- The trial will be run out of the following YMCA centres; Hawthorn Aquatic and Leisure Centre, Ashburton Pool and Recreation Centre and Carlton Baths. Participants will be required to attend up to six sessions at one of these three locations over the 12 week trial.
How much does it cost?
Participants will be asked to apply for Medicare cover through a Chronic Disease Management (CDM) plan, provided by a General Practitioner – this will cover the full cost of participation
For participants not eligible for Medicare funding – a reduced price of $50 per session will apply. Participants will be required to pay $200 (4x $50) which will be claimable through private health insurance if the participant has coverage.
How can I find out more or register?
For more information about the trial or to register please contact Aymee Bush or Tom Hawthorne from Health Team Australia during business hours.
Phone: 0400 003
Phone: 0435 845
*Please note places are limited.