Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

Bone Pain

Options
Tennille
Tennille Member Posts: 174
Just wondering what pain relief people use for bone pain. I have a met in my scapula on my right side which is also my mastectomy side and  the same side as some lymph tumours that have recently received rads. Its starting to give me a fair bit of pain but I don't want strong S4 or S8 pain killers.

Comments

• iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    My Onc had suggested Panadol Osteo - hopefully this will help you also
    Take care xx
  • wendy55
    wendy55 Member Posts: 774
    Options
    hi I have cancer throughout my spine and bones, I dont take panadol because I also have mets in my liver, I do take a drug called oxynorm immediate release, 5mg which is the lowest dose possible I only take when needed, there is a drug called lyrica which is for nerve pain but again is on prescription, there is a paracetamol/nurofen tablet available, but best to discuss with your oncologist he will know what to advise you to take,based on your personal circumstances,
    good luck,
    wendy55 
  • Payne
    Payne Member Posts: 150
    Options
    Hi Tennille,

I am only 8 months since diagnosis and don't have any mets but I do know that panadol osteo is commonly recommended for bone pain and especially in cancer patients.  Taken regularly and maybe in conjunction with other (oxynorm) for breakthrough pain is reported to be effective.  Talk to your oncologist.
     Hope you get relief soon.

Much love to you,

Sue P
  • Tennille
    Tennille Member Posts: 174
    Options
    Onco said to alternate between Panadol Osteo and Voltarin. I have liver mets too but he said Panadol shouldn't really be an issue. I dont want to use the stronger meds.
  • wendy_h67
    wendy_h67 Member, Dragonfly Posts: 466
    Options
    Hi Tennile, I have numerous bone mets and have taken Panodol Osteo morning and night for the past 5 years when diagnosed. You need to take it regularly and it seems to work for me. My oncologist has also given me Endone for more serve pain ,but I have only taken that once. I have bone mets in both hips and spine which makes it a bit uncomfortable to sleep, so I invested in a good memory foam mattress topper which makes it more comfortable.