Early BC young woman

Options
2»

Comments

• Romla
    Romla Member Posts: 2,092
    Options
    Melissa Socoda's suggestion about the Cancer Council I recommend.I rang in despair within 3 days I had a call from a lady in Brisbane of similar age and type bc who had taken the same road as me and gotten thru.It's called Cancer Connect - to hear her voice and talk to her at length was wonderful.Also I reiterate there is so much support on this site from others going thru it - bc is a great leveller - age/ background no longer seem to matter - everyone here has had their world upended .The important message is you are not alone and we all help each other.Keep communicating and reaching out - we are here . The BCNA kit is worth a good read not just on medical stuff but what questions to ask and other places to get support Maybe when you're ready you might search out a local bc support group .
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    What you feel is normal and your team are doing exactly what is needed for the very best outcomes. My niece had bc in her early 30s which was a her2+ cancer. She has 10 positive nodes. With chemo and herceptin she remains cancer free 14 years on. I thought if her a lot during my treatment. Mine was Es + and her2+ (age 51) but same regime and no nodes. She referred to herceptin as liquid gold, she was on the trials for it. Yes chemo sucks. Cancer sucks. But know you are doing all this so you will remain NED ...no evidence of disease...and not just for 5 years...for life. Take care. Kath x
  • Cynth6
    Cynth6 Member Posts: 189
    Options
    I also think that all of us come out stronger than ever after having gone through this journey 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Options
    Hi @MelissaD sorry to hear you are having such a tough time with all of this.  You can call a Cancer Council nurse to ask any questions. They are lovely. You also have 5 free visits with a psychologist for you or/ and your family. I used their services and they are amazing. x