Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

GCAM17

Cate64
Cate64 Member Posts: 446
Hello my lovelies, its been quite a while since I have bored you with medal obsession so today is the day, I am sorry to say, I do it again.

Competed in the 5.7km event at The Gold Coast Airport Marathon on July 1st aka GCAM17. Happy to say I ran the entire way & completed it in 43.19 minutes. 

Not only was I VERY happy to get me another Medal for my collection but it was a beautiful weekend away with a bunch of other Highlands parkrunners competing in the 5.7km event like me or the 1/2 marathon or even the full marathon. My son, Matty, competed in the 1/2 & finished @ 2 hours 5 mins, with no training other than his 5km parkrun each week, oh whats its like to be 27!!!! Everyone of us finished our events, no injuries, no pull outs & had a great weekend away in QLD.

So here it is the inevitable photo... yes I am way proud of myself!!

Comments

• Hopes_and_Dreams
    Hopes_and_Dreams Member Posts: 760
    We'll done @Cate64!! Sounds like your son takes after you :)
    you should definitely be proud of yourself!!
    whats the overall medal tally now? 
  • Cate64
    @Hopes_and_Dreams I now have 7.... Please admire my display :) LOL
  • Hopes_and_Dreams
    I love that you have loads more room on that rack for more :)
  • Cate64
    @Hopes_and_Dreams - thats what I have achieved in the last 12 months, another year will see me buying another rack to hang them on.... I am, super proud of myself, being able to keep it up thru everything...
  • Hopes_and_Dreams
    You are an inspiration @Cate64. Next GCAM we should organise a cheer squad of all our GC members!
    I just got my first Fitbit yesterday so am having fun tracking my steps. I work in a bank but I am up and down helping clients and have walked 4.3km so far today!  
  • Cate64
    edited July 2017
    @Hopes_and_Dreams I am good with that, I will compete in either the 5.7km or the 10km next year, depending on how well I am faring then. But this year I was part of the Cheer Squad for all our parkrunners competeing in the 1/2 & full marathons... So much fun though I beleive we all walked a marathon flipping between check points to cheer them on as they passed.... LOL we had Lara with her iPad tracking them to let us know who was where & which check point we should be at............ & the atmosphere is electric, love it PLUS you cant beat the Queensland winter weather :)

Its amazing how many km's you rack up just walking around doing day to day things like work:)
  • mum2jj
    mum2jj Member Posts: 4,327
    Fantastic. My sister did the 5.7kms in honor of my Mum and Dad who usually do it but couldn't this year as they've been unwell. She also did the full marathon as a pacer for a runner from PNG. She's with the salvo striders. Well done you and love all your medals. 
    Paula xxx
  • Cate64
    @mum2jj well done your sister!!!! A full marathon & as a pacer........... omg that is a real achievement.... 
  • melclarity
    melclarity Member Posts: 3,502
    Go Cate!!!!! You are a legend!!! Looks like you had so much fun!!! Good for the Soul!!! hugs Melinda xo
  • Cate64
    hello @melclarity its been a long time girl :)

The whole weekend was heaps of fun but sooooo exhausting, we were on the go from 4am Friday morning till about 9pm Monday night....

suffering scanxiety this week & next week till i see the Onc... I feel fine but you just never know huh??

Hugs right back at ya :)
  • melclarity
    melclarity Member Posts: 3,502
    Cate sounds like you had a blast! I'm so happy for you! :) x
  • mum2jj
    mum2jj Member Posts: 4,327
    @Cate64 she is a very experienced marathon runner and has done tonnes so being a pacer was a walk in the park for her.  You my friend are the real hero in this story after all you've been through.  You go girl!!!
    Paula xx
  • Scooper
    Scooper Member Posts: 113
    Awesome indeed Cate.  You are a superstar.  xxxxx