One week to go

Options
Linda_7
Linda_7 Member Posts: 34
edited August 2011 in General discussion

Well I am a "virgin" blogger ! And am looking forward to The Summitt, and yet have no idea what I am getting into!!  Yes, I will soak up all the info and news and ideas. But, also I am churned up with all the emotion. We will be altogether because we have been not touched but slain, by the horrible disease. And yet we get up again.

Sadly, not all our sisters are fortunate.

So I will try to not get too emotional, but  compassion and empathy will be there in buckets.

My story began 5 and half years ago, and is one of many.

To be continued......

Comments

• LeeS
    LeeS Member Posts: 128
    edited March 2015
    Options

HI Linda! See you at the summit. The first BCNA forum I went to, last year and 3 years after diagnosis AND 100% recovered,  I said to the girls, having sobbed the whole whole way through the day, "when will I stop crying and feeling so emotional!" ...I hadn't expected to feel so overwhelmed with tears! To tell you the truth, it's the most supportive environment and that gives us the opportunity to let it all out with people who have been there. How often do we get that chance?! So...I  look forward to meeting you. We'll all get choked up at some stage of the summit!XXX

• Linda_7
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi LeeS.  So good to hear about your thoughts and feelings. You would think after 5 yrs, I would feel "settled". But on the contrary, it is a maze trying to figure out a new way of living.  With all the side effects that are on going... Who else has sore and stiff joints??? Sure am not so young, but at 52 feel a whole heap older...

For now, am digging into my wardrobe for pink items....

• Linda_7
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi LeeS.  So good to hear about your thoughts and feelings. You would think after 5 yrs, I would feel "settled". But on the contrary, it is a maze trying to figure out a new way of living.  With all the side effects that are on going... Who else has sore and stiff joints??? Sure am not so young, but at 52 feel a whole heap older...

For now, am digging into my wardrobe for pink items....