Centrelink disability interview.

Comments

• primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Hey @Brenda5 , have they considered giving you a short break to see if it is the  tamoxifen causing the issues and whether swapping to an aramatose inhibitor be any different with memory etc. ? Just a thought. Quality of life is important too. 
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,540
    What a good suggestion from @primek I wouldn't have thought the medicos want to leave you in a fuzzy brain mode if there is a better choice! 
    I, like most, don't qualify for any other payment apart from my own savings, which are dwindling! 
    Take care and I hope you get a resolution soon!
  • Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    Since I wasn't even started menopause when I got the breast cancer, my doctor said I would have to take the Tamoxifen for a few years at least. 
    I am frightened to do anything normal really. A few weeks ago I thought I would clean around my desk. Bumped my coffee ( a full one) into the laptop key board. Spent the rest of the day blow drying my laptop. The other day I tried again to tidy up this desk. Somehow with a hoard of papers and rubbish I was putting in the counter bin in the kitchen I turned to put away the hard drive and oops, it slipped and went in a sink of soapy water. Fortunately the hard drive was in a soft case so only a little water got in. Henceforth I am NOT tidying my table up by myself again. Its just not worth the trouble. :persevere:
  • melclarity
    melclarity Member Posts: 3,502
    @Brenda5 this year at my Oncologist suggestion I came off Arimidex for 6 weeks and was told to keep a diary, it was mainly to see if pain decreased, it took a few weeks to notice anything, however there was a definite decrease in joint pain. So he switched me to Aromasin which is very similar but somehow i manage it ok.

They can do it, with no harm to you at all for 6 weeks, at least it would eliminate it. I was on Tamoxifen for 4yrs after 1st diagnosis and didnt notice any probs, though I didn't have chemo at that point. For me I noticed Chemo has caused the biggest fuzz brain and the other thing was I was pre menopausal also before 2nd diagnosis, so chemo threw me into menopause and I know for me it's the combination of those 2 things that have impacted my brain function. Having said that, its actually improving, but on days of fatigue or stress it's no good. 

Just a thought, it might be good to talk to your Oncologist about it, try off it and just see. Hugs M x
  • primek
    Yep...well if you had a break and found you radically improved. ..whipping your ovaries out might be a better option with a AI. Something to discuss perhaps. 
  • Hankster
    Hankster Member Posts: 86
    I had my overies out but still had to take hormone blockers
  • MKitty68
    MKitty68 Member Posts: 261
    @Brenda5 the real estate course in QLD is pretty full on, and not cheap either. It requires memory for certain things as well.
    It is a cut throat market for sales and property management pays a pittance for a whole lot of work. property management is stressful & a lot is expected of you for very little pay & even less thanks. That's one reason i got out of it. 
    i'll go back to admin when i'm finished my treatment & am able to look for work again. 
  • primek
    Fantastic news @Brenda5
  • June1952
    June1952 Member Posts: 1,818
    Good on you, @Brenda5.  Having to deal with a new computer system is so daunting so you can tick the box of one big achievement.
    Nice to get a decent Centrelink person, too.  Guess you do not have her name and contact details as you will probably never get to speak to her again.  The calls seem to go to anywhere in the country.
    Good luck with your application.
    Summer  :-)
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,352
    Finally, a staff member with some initiative. Hooray!
  • onemargie
    onemargie Member Posts: 1,264
    It's a fucking miracle @Brenda5!, so why the fuck aren't all Centrelink staff like that! If they were all like that you might of had your DSP sorted by now hey love!!! Fingers crossed for you lovey. Margie ❤️
  • iserbrown
    Golly language!
  • onemargie
    onemargie Member Posts: 1,264
    Sorry of you're offended. I love this forum as I can always say whatever I want
  • iserbrown
    That's fine however remember there's a lot of different people reading the posts with varying tolerance.