Appreciation ideas please

Lmc1310
Lmc1310 Member Posts: 120
edited July 2017 in General discussion
Hello everyone, next Thursday will be my last chemotherapy!!! My first treatment was back on 9 January so like most of you I've met some very caring nurses. I'd like to take in gifts next Thursday and wondered if those of you with some spare time could share your ideas. Thank you. Xo

Comments

• LMK74
    LMK74 Member Posts: 795
    Lmc1310, I'm also due to finish chemo next Tuesday. I was thinking maybe a big box of chocolates for the nurses as mine have been amazing to me. It  would be great to see what others think as I really can't think of anything else. Flowers just die, alcohol, some people are non drinkers like myself, plus everyone's taste varies. It's a hard one.
  • EarthWalkerLisha
    EarthWalkerLisha Member Posts: 74
    I took in a large box of Ferrero Rocher chocolates when I finished my chemo and then my radiation.
  • Southgirl
    Southgirl Member Posts: 80
    My daughter is a physiotherapist working in a hospital - and she says gifts of chocolates, which can be shared among the staff, are always very much appreciated.
  • Hopes_and_Dreams
    Hopes_and_Dreams Member Posts: 760
    When I left hospital after my mastectomy we gave the nurses a basket filled with things for their lunchroom - chocolates (of course!) various biscuits but also some savoury crackers, olives and nuts for those without a sweet tooth.
  • socoda
    socoda Member Posts: 1,767
    I think chocolates or a home made fudge brownie that can be enjoyed by most is always appreciated. Just the fact that you think enough if them to say thank you definitely counts!!! Xx 
  • steplightly
    steplightly Member Posts: 185
    I am wondering if a living gift, like an indoor plant and some chocolates  Always great to say thanks to people who work in such a challenging environment, Congrats on getting to the end of this stage
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,370
    I took in a very big bunch of flowers and chocolates. It was a morning visit but I have to say that some of the lovely women there did say they would have jumped at champagne!! When my mother was hospitalized in Queensland some years ago, I took a basket of King Island goodies (cheese, smallgoods, crackers, etc) and that was very popular.
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    I made a very large banana cake with a chocolate cream cheese icing. ..covered with buttetflies to celebrate a new beginning. Everyone, including the patients shared it with me. 
  • Cassina
    Cassina Member Posts: 74
    someone made cupcakes for the staff and chemo patients, you could put pink icing for breast cancer! Nurses love cake! and cupcakes are small enough to make sure everyone gets one
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited July 2017
    I gave a big bucket of Cookie Man biscuits to the radiotherapy team.  I also take these to work. I have given Haigh's truffles to the breast care nurses as well, but they are quite expensive. Also Roses chocolates have been popular. I'd love to be talented enough to take along something homemade. After so many operations I'm back to biscuits and this last operation I didn't get around to giving anything. 
  • June1952
    June1952 Member Posts: 1,828
    I gave a specially selected bookmark to each of my special nurses (male and female) and then a box of chocolates for the others.  The bookmarks were much appreciated - and I somehow hit the right note with some funny ones, some 'naughty', some inspirational and some just 'nice'.
    Hope that is an idea.
  • Cowgirl1
    Cowgirl1 Member Posts: 66
    Congratulations
  • Cowgirl1
    Cowgirl1 Member Posts: 66
    Arrr! I did write something not showing up on the post.
    i gave a thank you card after my radiation and brought cake in other times for the staff.
    chockies are the go they can all have some
  • Karenhappyquilter
    Karenhappyquilter Member Posts: 242
    I am a sewer so I made my chem nurses cute little cloth bags and put a small hand lotion, a soap I think, a few chocolates and a heart felt note.  

I suspect now, the appreciation from their patients is the best bit for them, but chocolate is always yummy.  

Congratulations on finishing chemo.  It's a great achievement.  Best wishes Karen 
  • rowdy
    rowdy Member Posts: 1,165
    I feed mine, I cooked some cake and some sausage rolls that was shared with all the other chemo  patients. I also gave them a card, some chocolates and I gave them all a big hug