Aux clearance..now what electric razor to buy

Options
LisaO
LisaO Member Posts: 38
So Ive had an auxiliary clearance a week ago and will need to buy an electric shaver.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.  I wont be using it for a while until Im well and truly healed, but would like to go shopping for one!!
Thanks  

Comments

• primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Are you going onto chemo and radio? . If so you actually probably won't need it for a while. I think I shaved once since surgety 15 months ago (that was prior chemo) I've hardly grown any hair back...probably due to letrozole also. But we all have different armpit hair growth.,  just thought I might mention it.
  • LisaO
    LisaO Member Posts: 38
    Options
    I see onco in a week so maybe wait till then...I didnt think of that, although surgeon suggests I might not need chemo.  I might have raised this question too soon :( I know its a very insignificant question on the scale of things.  
  • Hopes_and_Dreams
    Hopes_and_Dreams Member Posts: 760
    Options
    No question is ever insignificant LisaO! We are all learning as we go. Good luck with your onc visit.  Jane xx
  • LMK74
    LMK74 Member Posts: 795
    Options
    I'm using a phillips battery operated shaver I've had for years. Quick and easy but like primek said, if you have chemo the growth slows right down. I've barely shaved at all on chemo and that includes the bikini line.
  • Harlee
    Harlee Member Posts: 106
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I have literally about 3 or 4 hairs very slowly growing from one section of my armpit 3 and half years after radiation. I remember to shave them every few months. I did "complain" to my oncologist about how inconvenient it was and questioned why she hadn't zapped all of them. She did a bit of a double take and then started giggling and finally said - Yep sorry I failed that beautician course - lucky I had medicine as a backup plan.  
  • Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    Options
    Its not too often I need to shave in the nodeless arm pit either. I do have a phillips lady shave but I usually just use a blunt leg razor and do it in front of the mirror on the arm as I can't feel a thing and its tricky getting in the recessed bit.
  • melclarity
    melclarity Member Posts: 3,502
    Options
    Lisa, I'm fair, but I have a wax lady who works from home, so I wax my armpits lol. You can just shave but like Brenda said just do it in front of the mirror as you can't really feel it. :) Melinda
  • nikkid
    nikkid Member Posts: 1,766
    Options
    I'm the same - I get the armpits waxed :)
  • socoda
    socoda Member Posts: 1,767
    Options
    I get mine waxed too - love the non-feeling of that armpit being waxed!!! Too easy. :p