Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

Fragility

124»

Comments

• wendy_h67
    wendy_h67 Member, Dragonfly Posts: 466
    It is very sad and it is times like these that we realize that we do not know what the future holds for any of us. We can only make the most of each day and give thoes we love a special hug.
  • Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    Condolences to all. It just seems like some sorts of cancers have a one stop agenda to kill the host and there is no pulling it up. I certainly hope this trend is in the minority and not on the rise. It is so easy for me to dismiss what I had as 'just' a lump i got off and treated like a cyst or something but I must admit to myself it was a lot more.
  • socoda
    socoda Member Posts: 1,767
    Hello lovely Christine @iserbrown, so sorry for your loss. I'm sure that your friend Danielle would be greatful for you having taken the time to acknowledge her friendship and the battle she fought. Sending you a gentle hug. Xx 
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,542
    Dear oh dear! Learnt overnight of the loss of another BC warrior.  
    The fragility of it all!
    Please take care everyone 
  • melclarity
    melclarity Member Posts: 3,502
    @iserbrown oh no! So sorry to hear of another loss, it's so hard, it doesnt get easier. Thinking of you xo
  • jennyss
    jennyss Member Posts: 1,951
    Dear @iserbrown

best wishes from jennyss in Western NSW
  • Tinks
    Tinks Member Posts: 234
    I’m sorry to hear. Yes life is fragile. Thinking of you. Xx
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,522
    :(  Oh bugger, Christine ..... I am so sorry for hearing your news.  Take care, stay safe xxx
  • simon66
    simon66 Member Posts: 10
    Hi ladies.
    My wife, Lynne, who was only on here a couple of times, passed away in early January. She was diagnosed Stage 3 back in February 2015. After all the usual treatment regime’s, she was NED up until September 2017. She battled on with the help of her amazing Onco here in Perth. Even participating in a trial that showed promising results, for a while. 

Throughout this period, I always found this site helpful. Both for information, and reading other women’s stories. (I even started my own post back in 2015!) It seems to help when you read about others in a similar situation. Anyway, I now have no reason to follow the posts...yet I still drop by from time to time. 

Now it’s just me and my 16 year old daughter. She’s doing OK, all things considered. Lynne’s nephew, a 22 year old Uni student has moved in...and he’s an amazing cook! He also helps my daughter with her school work. I sometimes think my wife has arranged this, from wherever she is now.

Keep up the good work.

Simon
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,542
    Sad to read however awesome that a nephew has moved in, more than likely with Lynne's blessing.
    Take care
  • melclarity
    @Simon66 Deepest condolences to you and your daughter, my heart sank as I read your post, I am so sorry! I was going through my 2nd diagnosis in 2015 too, I don't take 1 day for granted. I think as I had a recurrence after 4yrs I have complete humility in what any day from here could bring. 

I have NO doubt either that Lynne had something to do with your nephew moving in, isn't it amazing how things work sometimes? I remember when I lost my Mum suddenly 11yrs ago, I couldnt breathe thinking it was the biggest loss and void of my life....as the years went on I slowly realised that she absolutely was irreplaceable but....there would be many different people that will fill different parts of that void. 

Biggest of hugs to you both, so glad you found it of help being here. Thank you so much for sharing.

M xo 
  • Giovanna_BCNA
    Giovanna_BCNA Member Posts: 1,839
    @Simon66 sending you a private message
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    @simon66 My condolences to you and your daughter.  It is so difficult to lose your parent in those teenage years as I know myself and as a father, you have to pick up the pieces as well as get through it yourself.  I'm not sure that there is some energy in the universe from your wife, watching out for you both. 
  • simon66
    simon66 Member Posts: 10
    Giovanna_BCNA , I’m not sure what happened to your PM. Maybe I’m not looking in the right place.
  • melclarity
    @simon66 at the top right hand side of this page there is an icon 2nd from the left that looks like an open envelope, that is where any messages come in through private message. Cheers M x