Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

Fragility

Comments

• Anne94
    Anne94 Member Posts: 162
    Oh Christine, 
    so sorry to hear of this loss. 
    anne xoxo
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,540
    Thank you - it is a steep reminder for us all how fragile we are.  We have a friend's daughter who is struggling with mets and is in her early 40s and you wonder why or how does this happen?  I guess we are all more aware than most being ever vigilant with our own journey and wide eyed if we hear the word breast cancer anywhere.  It is a so and so!
  • iserbrown
    Well it is with sadness that I say that a dear family friend has passed as a result of this wretched disease called Cancer.  Danielle has battled.  Now at rest!  
    Time to take stock, reflect and hug those that are near and dear!
    Take care xx
  • wendy55
    wendy55 Member Posts: 774
    So very sorry to hear of your loss, and your words are so very true, it puts everything in perspective,
    I had a big cry last night snuggled up under my blankets, because I needed to, so now with gratitude I will pick myself up. , another beautiful lady has grown her angel wings -
    wendy55
  • Anne94
    Anne94 Member Posts: 162
    @iserbrown
    so sorry to hear of your loss. 
    Xoxo
  • iserbrown
    @wendy55
    Thank you for your kind words, please take care as you dust yourself off!  We're all entitled to a tear or two or a damned good cry, something I haven't really done however tears comes and go for no reason.  This morning I was teary and didn't know why until I got the news of Danielle.  My sixth sense must've been working!  What this wretched thing called cancer does is keep me in a heightened awareness mode.  My tolerance is tested occasionally but overall I am very forgiving as I watch others getting their knickers in a knot over something minute, I say, if you only travelled the road that some of the ladies and gentlemen on this forum do...................oh well, I appreciate everyone around me and it's been a bitch of a year for some near and dear me who have lost the battle!

@Anne94 thank you and take care

Hugs all round xx 
  • brightspace
    brightspace Member Posts: 445
    Huggs  thankyou for caring and sharing
    Cheers b
  • melclarity
    melclarity Member Posts: 3,502
    @iserbrown sending a big cuddle for your sad news. Im truly sorry for your loss...I also lost someone very dear to me on saturday from this shit of disease. She was like a mum to me after mine passed away, known her all my life. Whilst I was in treatment with a recurrence 2.5 years ago she had a recurrence after 15yrs :( beyond cruel...I feel your pain. BUT she taught me many things, and that is KEEP GOING, live, live, live and enjoy what you have right now...and so I am. Feeling blessed! xoxo
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Sorry for your loss @iserbrown. It really makes you so sad to hear of others fighting and losing the battle and reflect over our own journey and ponder if our future is the same. I doubt we will ever feel safe. All we can do is love those we are with and provide a shoulder for others to lean on in the storm the best we can. Something I know you do. Kath X
  • iserbrown
    Thank you.  Danielle was 42.

@melclarity I'm sorry to hear of your loss. It's a so and so! 
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    @melclarity I'd also like to acknowledge your loss and send my condolences. X
  • melclarity
    melclarity Member Posts: 3,502
    Thanks Christine and Kath! and 42 is tooooo young!!! WRONG!!! 

We are here for a good time ladies, lets enjoy I say! Hugs xo
  • Giovanna_BCNA
    Giovanna_BCNA Member Posts: 1,839
    Hello @iserborwn, @melclarity,

so sorry to hear of your loss, sending my condolences
  • HIT
    HIT Member Posts: 261
    So sorry to hear about both your losses , I wish for strength for all those involved. 
    But saying that we have got to remember that the majority of us will survive this crap, and the numbers are rising with all the research that is happening.  Hopefully all the cancers will soon be just a manageable disease or better yet curable!!
  • iserbrown

HIT said:

Hopefully all the cancers will soon be just a manageable disease or better yet curable!!

Here's hoping!