Roller Coaster

Options
Coco65
Coco65 Member Posts: 14
Hi everyone,
I honestly don't know where to start or how I feel at the moment.
I joined this group on the 3rd June absolutely in shock after being diagnosed with early Breast Cancer the day before, I was told I would need a Biopsy and Lumpectomy followed by Radiation.
I had so many wonderful ladies on here offer me support that it actually helped me to become stronger and determined to beat this thing.
I was supposed to be booked in on the 15th June for my Biopsy but then got a call on Monday 5th to come in at 7.30 on the Wednesday morning instead, well I was over the moon to not have to wait for a week and a half as I just wanted some answers.
I prepared myself mentally for the Biopsy and the ladies were lovely and really helped me to not feel so nervous, I went in with my husband although he had to wait outside whilst they did the procedure.
They did the Mammogram and the radiologist left the room to get the Doctor and at this point I thought the worst! The Doctor came in looked at the screen and came over to me and told me to go home!
You can imagine how I collapsed in floods of tears but I still felt uneasy and kept asking them over and over if they were sure and she said absolutely no doubt, it was on my skin a skin tag!
At first I was elated but as the days wore on I just couldn't get my head around how it could happen and so I began the anxious wait of seeing the surgeon for a follow up appointment which happened today.
I really am so relieved and I really struggled getting on here to share it with you all as after feeling the feelings I felt when I thought I had Breast Cancer was confronting and some of you face that every day.
I want to say that you are all amazing, the way you helped me as soon as I put my first post up and helped support my sister as well even though you are all dealing with your own journeys! I can't thank you all enough.
I won't say I wasn't traumatised by what happened to me but I am not going to dwell on it.
God Bless you all and keep fighting

Comments

• melclarity
    melclarity Member Posts: 3,502
    Options
    Hey Coco Im elated at the news, though very confused, a skin tag is on the outside, weren't there spots on the inside of the breast? Melinda xo
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    Really...you poor thing. Wonderful news. It must have appeared to look ibside the breast when it was squashed. Hence why ultrasounds performed. So happy for you that it turns out a false alarm. Scary times.  I had a recall for a cyst years ago...frightening. That area was not where my bc developed later...not even same breast.
  • Hopes_and_Dreams
    Hopes_and_Dreams Member Posts: 760
    Options
    That is such wonderful news @Coco65. Have a happy, healthy life and keep passing the message onto others.  So sorry you had to go through all that worry but so relieved you got such a great outcome. Jane xx
  • socoda
    socoda Member Posts: 1,767
    Options
    Hey @Coco65, Yayyyyyyyyyyyy!!!! That is awesome, and thank you for sharing it as I'm sure we all wish the absolute best for each other here, and yours is the result we would love to see more often. Huge hugs of happiness to you and your lovely sister!!!! Xx Cath
  • Coco65
    Options
    @socoda thank you, I too wish that it was this type of news for many more women and men going through this.
    I don't know what the future brings but I'm going to do everything I can to be the happiest and healthiest I can be!
    Joanne xx
  • Coco65
    Options
    @Hopes_and_Dreams  thank you! I am determined to make as many women aware as I can and to raise as much money as I can.
    I have a cookie business and for the last couple of years I have baked pink ribbons for local customers that do the Biggest Morning Tea and I donate $5 from every box sold to BCNA, last year I raised $350 and this year $280 that's a lot of cookies!
    This year the day I had to bake these and decorate them was the day I had my 1st Mammogram and I have to tell you that was bloody hard as I could tell from the radiographer that they saw something. I will never again go to an Xray place to have my Mammogram  ( unless it's like the place I had my 3D one done at ).
    I wasn't aware there was a Breast screen in my area but I know now.
    Joanne xxx
  • Seamaiden57
    Seamaiden57 Member Posts: 12
    Options
    Awesome Cocoa! It's wonderful news for you- . Enjoy life and live it to the max!