Hi. Waiting for final results tomorrow

Options
DearB
DearB Member Posts: 205
Good afternoon
the last month has been a blur and filled with lots of tears.  I went to gp for something else on the 24th of April and while I was there asked him to check a tiny lump in right breast.

he recommended a mamagram and ultrasound. Of course I couldn't book it until the 26th of April so called on my way to work and they could do it that afternoon.  Omg. When they said you might feel some pressure.  I called husband to tell him what I had done.   I hadn't mentioned the lump before.  Results Friday.  I called the dr Friday morning and they said results had just came in. A cyst looked fine but they would drain it just to be safe I went straight down to book appointment and messaged work I wouldn't be back that day.  While they were scanning again to get right area the two ladies went silent and I think I knew then something wasn't right anyway another quick mamo of just one shot of right breast, back to area for cyst drain at nine o clock. and they asked if it was okay for core biopsy in area 10 o clock and the cyst they said wouldn't hurt this next one might hurt!   I don't where along the way I became such a sook but I am. ( we have three daughters. 20,23,26.  and I am 44. Somewhere along the way I became the biggest wimp in the world.

the core biopsy  - the last of three things hurt a lot.

tuesday at 4 pm  dr clinic called and said dr would like to see me and j asked if I should bring someone in? The lady went to check and she said yes. So I knew then.   So at 7pm we got the news.   Holy cow.  I haven't been back to work since.  Have had ct scan. Bone scan and lumpectomy with sentinal node last Monday.  We have cruise booked for 19th of June and they said still do the cruise, it's for 25th wedding anniversary.   I have support of two friends in friendship circle that have survived this so I know it's going to be okay but..... why why why.  I am not that strong person it's not me.  Why the long wait between lump removal and results. 

I have foudn this this website Amazing so sorry for the long ramble.   Wish me luck for tomorrow.

Comments

• Rapunzel
    Rapunzel Member Posts: 32
    Options
    Hi DearB

I remember my core biopsy hurt like....(insert swear words here).

Yes, it seems like a long wait between them whipping the little b@gger out and getting the pathology results.  I'm in the public health system so it's been regular trips to the local hospital for me, long waits in the clinics, etc.  I get how you're feeling. Just remember to breathe, steady in, steady out....you are in good hands and they will do their best for you.

The cruise sounds wonderful. We jammed a trip away in post-surgery, pre-radiotherapy and it was a really good idea. The change of scene helped a lot, even if I couldn't do any driving at that point.

Waiting for results sucks, we've all been there and I certainly wish you all the best. Do not be ashamed to ask for help. If nothing else I have learned that particular lesson. I had a meltdown in the clinic pre-surgery when they were arranging the barrage of pre-surgery tests, suddenly it was just overwhelming. 

Take a book, or a crossword puzzle or whatever floats your particular boat with you tomorrow and try to keep a steady rhythm ... breathe in..... let it out slowly.  Thinking of you tomorrow.
    Hugs
  • LMK74
    LMK74 Member Posts: 795
    Options
    Dearb, good luck  with your results. I hope you get the all clear.
  • DearB
    Options
    Thanks ladies.  Your kind words mean a lot!  
  • gingerninja
    gingerninja Member Posts: 38
    Options

Hi there @DearB

I am sorry to hear of your recent journey - but I am glad to know that you have found this amazing safe space to share your story and journey with others in a similar boat.

The waiting for any kind of cancer related results is agonizing!!!!  I remember thinking to myself  "if they can put a bloody man on the moon why can't they hurry up with my results".  The waiting for pre diagnosis tests was so stressful for me - I was like a cat on a hot tin roof and couldn't sit still or focus....... Do you have a breast care nurse??  If so maybe she could be a shoulder to lean on during this stressful time.

I am coming up to week 6 post op this Friday (multifocal papillary cancer left breast, 3 lumps, hormone receptive HER2 neg) and still don't have all the answers....I see the oncologist this Friday to work out what happens next. My surgeon is hopeful for just medication long term and no chemo or radiation....but that is for the oncologist to tell me.

I am generally someone who likes to be on top of things - my husband would say that means I like to be in control hahahah

but he is right  - I have certainly felt out of control which has frustrated me no end.......but I have finally come to place of accepting that most of this process (but not all of it!!) is out of my control to a strong degree.  Don't get me wrong - I am still very active and vocal in my post op treatment/care etc. but I have just had to accept that certain things are out of my hands.  (I think that maybe this is overall grand learning that is meant to be for me out of this whole ordeal...patience...hmmmm)

I wish you all the very best for your results and the journey that lays ahead for you.

Hope to see you online again ")

Cheers

Sally

• Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options
    @DearB Good luck. Marg
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    Thinking of you tomorrow. Yes that biopsy wait is a nightmare. I do hope you can relax enough to enjoy your cruise. We are here to walk this difficult path with you. Kath x
  • Unicornkisses
    Unicornkisses Member Posts: 402
    Options
    Good luck with your results. We all understand that horrid wait.
    I really hope you get a good result.
  • socoda
    socoda Member Posts: 1,767
    Options
    All the best lovely! Xx Cath
  • Hopes_and_Dreams
    Hopes_and_Dreams Member Posts: 760
    Options
    Will be thinking of you tomorrow and wishing you all the best for good results.  Jane xx
  • DearB
    Options
    Thanks everyone I will update later today.
  • DearB
    Options
    So great news!!!!  No chemo needed.  Radiation for three to five weeks once we get back from our cruise.  And tamoxifen for five to ten years   I feel like I can breath again.      I asked what stage and she said they don't really worry about, so my original core had bre one to two.  And they are confident our girls don't have an increased risk, they should just get breast exams every time they go for lap smears.  I feel very blessed. Thanks for all your kind words and caring.   
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options
    That is great news, what a relief for you. Marg xx
  • LMK74
    LMK74 Member Posts: 795
    Options
    Dear b, great news, so good you don't need the poison.
  • Hopes_and_Dreams
    Options
    Wonderful news @DearB, thanks for letting us know
  • Hopes_and_Dreams
    Options
    Now you can relax a bit and look forward to your trip xx