New to posting on here... Hi There :)

Options
KimW
KimW Member Posts: 76
Well this is the part where I tell you about me...

diagnosed at 28yrs of age in 2002 stage 3 triple positive, mastectomy, chemo, rads, tamoxifen/zolodex, oophorectomy, delayed recon R breast Lat Dorsi L breast prophylactic bilateral expanders then exchanged to implants 18mths later due to mets diagnosed.

diagnosed widespread liver mets in 2012, 2yrs chemo Abraxane / Herceptin.  Past 3years been on Herceptin / Aromasin.

15yrs survivor living with liver mets since 2012

Comments

• adean
    adean Member Posts: 1,036
    Options
    Well thats a story youve been through a lot welcome and thanks for sharing
  • mum2jj
    mum2jj Member Posts: 4,330
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Wow, you have certainly been through the mill. Welcome and it's great to have you in this safe place with others traveling woth you. 
    Hugs
    Paula xxx
  • KimW
    Options
    Thank you for the warm welcomes xx
  • Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    Options
    Hiya Kim and welcome. You sound very positive in your survivorship (is that a word?). You should be a great asset to this forum and hopefully we can be helpful to you too. <3
  • Rapunzel
    Rapunzel Member Posts: 32
    Options
    Hello Kim

I'm a 'newbie' but I'm weirdly cheered up by hearing your story.  I like the word "survivorship" mentioned by Brenda in the post above.  It really sounds like you've been through a lot but here you are, which is awesome!
  • KimW
    Options
    thank you made me feel all special now.  just keep putting one foot infront of the other somedays i dont get anywhere but other days i''m full of beans and energy, i just cant work out the right balance. I am forever doing too much and then paying the consequences with no energy for a few days. 
    hope i can help out on the forum with advice and insight, 

hugs xx

• LMK74
    LMK74 Member Posts: 795
    Options
    Welcome Kim. You sound amazing . I'm only just beginning this shitty bloody journey. Halfway through chemo with surgery and rads to go.
  • gingerninja
    gingerninja Member Posts: 38
    Options

well hello and welcome @KimW

What a journey you have been on so far!!  yikes!!!! 

I am only very new to this online community myself, but I do have to say I am so glad I joined (and this is from someone who NEVER gets into online chit chat groups!!)

There is an abundance of support, knowledge and total understanding from the remarkable ladies here - such a safe place!!

I wish you well going forward and hope to chat more along the way.

Cheers

Sally

• KimW
    Options
    @LMK74 thank you.  Yay halfway thru chemo got to be happy about that soon it will be done and dusted, hope chemo is being kind to your body and not too brutal.  My friend was recently diagnosed to and is about to start her journey :(

all the best xx
  • KimW
    Options
    @gingerninja. I'm finding this new layout of this site much much easier to navigate it's refreshing to be able to chat anytime of day and night.
    look forward to chatting some more also 

hugs 
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    Wow wow wow....15 years,  how inspiring. Thankyou so much for sharibg. 
  • KimW
    Options
    @primek you know what though it doesn't feel like 15yrs at all, getting back to work for a while and having a baby will do that consume time and thoughts and the longer I was cancer free the least I thought about cancer. The same with my mets now, it took 18mths for the tears to stop flowing for me to accept what was and move forward.  The fear of my liver mets progressing is still there but pushed to the back of my mind a little bit further.  I have bad days we all do, I find the monotony of going to the hospital every 3wks for treatment to drain me, somedays I don't want to go, others I'm happy chatting to the nurses, until someone says so how long do you have left of treatment.  I have learnt to just say wrong question to ask me life long I will always be on treatment, I have been on treatment for 15yrs in one way or another due to be triple positive.  My reprieve off treatment was when we decided to try and conceive and were blessed with a daughter in 2007.

I can't get my head around I've been living with mets for the past 5yrs time has flown bye so fast but my life has slowed right down.  Not sure if anyone else can relate someone will say oh that happened 3yrs ago and I'd be like really to me it could of been just 12mths, time gets all distorted.  Like the whole world is buzzing with activity and your stuck in a never ending cycle of treatment, thats on my bad days.  My good days are great.

On Friday I'm attempting something I never thought possible going on a school excursion with my daughter now 10 to Healesville Sanctuary as a parent helper, now that makes everything all the worth while.

• socoda
    socoda Member Posts: 1,767
    Options
    Oh @KimW, I love healesville sanctuary - such a beautiful place and also very serene. You're going to have a fantastic time. Yayyyyyyyy!!!!!!! Xx Cath
  • KimW
    Options
    @socoda keep your fingers crossed it doesn't rain, I;m still trying to work out how I can dress in layers to remove for my hot flushes in a hurry, I know it will be cold, waterproofed my sneakers today to keep my feet a bit dryer.  the best part my daughters face has lit up knowing that her mum is finally coming on an excursion, been a while last excursion I did was pre mets diagnosis when Chloe was in Kindergarten.
    I think I would of been 12yrs old last time I went to Healesville with my mum and dad.

rain rain go away come again another day...couldnt resist. 

• socoda
    socoda Member Posts: 1,767
    Options
    Hey @KimW, if it helps, I use a spritzer -couldn't find just a plain water atomizer so I got a pump spritzer of Swisse deep sea hydrating mist toner. Smells absolutely beautiful, I can use all of the toning I can get AND I have to wear a uniform that I can't layer so the quick spritz cools me down enough to survive without having to do a striptease (I know I appreciate that aspect of it and I'm absolutely certain its a plus for my coworkers too!!! ;) ) xx  ;)