That's done.

Zoffiel
Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
Since September I've been sliced, diced, poisoned, irradiated, jabbed, drugged and fried. Now I'm done. I still have to get rid of the portacath, but treatment finished yesterday. 

I've got appointments with the surgeon, lymphoedema nurse and my oncologist in the next two weeks, may have to have one more CT then I'm waving them goodbye until something goes wrong again. I'm not a big fan of follow-up visits unless I think I need one, so I hope I never see any of them again. The rad onc is history, he can't do anything more for me now. Nice man, but sayonara, baby.

Onward!

Comments

• LMK74
    LMK74 Member Posts: 795
    Zoffiel, congratulations on being done with treatment. Hopefully it's the last time you have to go through it.
    All the best
    Lisa
  • Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    Reminds me of that Braveheart movie where he yells out "Freedom!". Congraties on your ceasement of treatment. :)
  • KatyJoy
    KatyJoy Member Posts: 181
    Love it! I'm following closely behind you. I have another 5 rads to go but have to have a week 'holiday' due to burns. Congratulations! I hope you have some well earned fun celebrating. Kate
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Woohoo. I've still got my portacath as I can't face another surgery yet. Will be fetting it flushed until then. 
  • Jane221
    Jane221 Member Posts: 1,193
    Here's to onwards and upwards! xx
  • socoda
    socoda Member Posts: 1,767
    Congratulations Marg @Zoffiel
    Animals Saying Goodbye 15 Baby Panda
    to treatment. Xx Cath

• Lmc1310
    Lmc1310 Member Posts: 120
    Congratulations zoffiel and may I be selfish and ask that you continue posts. You always brighten my day 
  • mum2jj
    mum2jj Member Posts: 4,327
    Happy to see you reach the end of treatment. Well done you xxxx
  • onemargie
    onemargie Member Posts: 1,264
    hi there marg, well done you've kicked that shit right up the arse good for you, keep us posted on your other appointments. Margie :)
  • Hulos
    Hulos Member Posts: 94
    Congratulations  Zoffiel, what a relief it must be to have done the hard work...you'll  fly thru the rest...
  • Hopes_and_Dreams
    Hopes_and_Dreams Member Posts: 760
    Woooo hoooo @Zoffiel ! Congratulations on finishing your treatment - enjoy some time
    for you now!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Congratulations on finishing treatment. I remember looking forward to it and then feeling a bit down after finishing. It was a time to look for a new direction. Be kind to yourself after treatment. It takes a while to get back to everything feeling a bit more normal. 
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    My breast surgeon is  now rubbed off the list; see you later, Peter Mac. Or not. Let's hope not.
  • brightspace
    brightspace Member Posts: 445
    Congrats .. <3:p .brave heart badge for consistencyof effort!
    super dooper your a bloody trooper
    all the best BrightXxx