Take care of yourself xxx

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Orbost, VictoriaPosts: 0

Comments

• nikkid
    nikkid Member Posts: 1,766
    How are you @Tracey_B? How has the recovery from the final tweaking been? Thinking of you

Nikki xx
  • melclarity
    melclarity Member Posts: 3,502
    @traceyb this would have to be my constant Mantra! NURTURE YOU!!!! its the key to all things, put you above everything.

How are you going? x Melinda
  • [Deleted User]
    Hey Nikki, thanks for your kind thoughts xxxx
    the old Trace is a bit battered and bruised from the liposuction, but otherwise ok. I can't feel a thing where the new nipple is, so that's pretty normal. Wearing a not very elegant tubigrip  body stocking....got the giggles trying to get it on and off for the shower....thank goodness for hubby and a sense of humour.
  • [Deleted User]

@traceyb this would have to be my constant Mantra! NURTURE YOU!!!! its the key to all things, put you above everything.

How are you going? x Melinda

Hi Melinda,
    Im just poking along slowly, and just reminding myself that Rome wasn't built in a day. My house can stay untidy until I'm well enough o be fussy, and my life can get on track slowly once this bruising goes. Everyone around me has been wonderful and supportive, so I know that I can just take my time to get better.
    Cuddles, Trace xxx
  • Jenv
    Jenv Member Posts: 64
    Help people, i am really struggling here.  Have had one hit of chemo, 2 weeks ago (1 of 6)..struggle to breath and have to move slowly...it exhausts me to have a shower, make a bed or do simple shopping..have neuropathy of the feet which is manageable, am taking magnesium and vitamins..but not being able to breath is frustrating and quite frightening..if I'm like this after one, what am i going to be like after the next or the sixth if i get to the sixth. sorry didn't know where to put this post......
  • [Deleted User]
    Hi Jenny,
    Thats awful.....your first chemo sucks big time. If you are short of breath, my advice is to call the oncology ward to discuss how you are feeling. This is just in case they need to get you back in there and give you something to relieve your symptoms, they may be able to help there and give you some moral support on the phone as well.
    Hoping that this helps, and sending you a gentle cuddle, Trace xxx
  • Jane221
    Jane221 Member Posts: 1,193
    Hi @Tracey_B, was also wondering how you've been getting on. The bruising from the liposuction can be pretty spectacular but it is amazing how quickly it does start to settle. You're doing the right thing by just taking it all slowly and nurturing you - you deserve it. Take care, you are often in my thoughts xx

@Jenv, I'd agree with Tracey's advice, get on to the oncology ward asap and let them know what's happening. In my experience the nurses there were fantastic in not only organising things to help but were very reassuring. I struggled quite a lot with my chemo (6 rounds of Taxotere & Carboplatin) but each time I had issues with something there were some treatment options available for those symptoms, so don't put up with it, just let them know. Best of luck. let us know how you get on xx 
  • [Deleted User]
    Hey Jane,
    thanks for your lovely thoughts. It is getting easier each day, and there will be light at the end of the tunnel. Treated myself to a hairdresser visit today, and that's brightened me up already.
    Cuddles, Trace xxx
  • Jenv
    Jenv Member Posts: 64
    Thanks girls....sense should prevail, yes i need to ring the oncology dept and tell them how I'm doing....i know i not supposed to feel normal, but geez louise surely not this bad...didn't want to be a pest by ringing if it is 'normal'.
  • [Deleted User]
    Hey Jen, that's what they are there for, and they don't know that you're having trouble unless you let them know. It's an awful time for anybody facing chemo, and lots of unknowns as you go along. This network will give you support and advice from those who've experienced the same setbacks. Don't hesitate to post on here, we're all part of the same team.
    Cuddles, Trace xxxx
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    How did you get on @Jenv Hope they have sorted breathlessness. I did experience it a little on taxol. It is a side effect, but one that needs to be taken seriously. It could just  mean your bloods are low so not enough oxygen making you feel breathless. ..but def a Dr needs to check you out to figure out why. Take care. Kath x
  • melclarity
    Oh Jenv not a pest, we've all been there!! chemo knocked me for a six literally, I was quite ill on it, 4 FEC and 8 Taxol, so make sure you communicate absolutely everything to them, so they can monitor how you are going. 

@Tracey_B Ohhh how lovely!!! the hairdressers, I love that! It always picks me up too!! you sound like youre doing OK!! xx
  • Hulos
    Hulos Member Posts: 94
    Hi jeny, I agree with comments above as I had  breathing problems whilst  it was being administered.
    That was on weekly paclitax, the first and second was ok,  not the third.  So different combination of drugs was given and no issues. (still paclitax but diff combination- abraxcine) 
    Remember to tell them ALL your symptoms for when they ask you, don't leave anything out. Make a note ofvthem so you don't miss anything.
    Goodluck. ..xxx

• [Deleted User]
    Not too shabby today thanks Mel........having little rests in between doing little jobs around the house and working on a painting of a sugar glider. Definitely repairing. My pelvic pain and neck pain is improving as well. It just takes time, and if nothing else, it teaches you patience.
    Cuddles, Trace xxx
  • melclarity
    edited May 2017
    Well I think youve got a great attitude, and THAT, is half the battle, so glad to hear youre recovering and the pain is improving! Youre keeping busy, thats what I do too around the house, but back to work Monday YIKES! 12 weeks off come to an end lol. 

I think your paintings are awesome, and I think its such a place that brings you an enormous amount of joy and peace!! Keep them coming! xx M