My birthday today & Mastectomy tomorrow

Options
13»

Comments

• socoda
    socoda Member Posts: 1,767
    Options
    Yeah can take a bit for the colour to change, and the worms can take forever to get to the bag!
  • MKitty68
    MKitty68 Member Posts: 261
    Options
    i'm still needing the endone at the moment, the panadol osteo isn't enough, i tried just having nurofen yesterday but soon found i still needed the endone, at least it's down to only 1 endone at a time instead of the two i needed when i was in hospital, 1 didn't even take the edge off then
  • socoda
    socoda Member Posts: 1,767
    Options
    Yeah, make sure you don't stint on the pain meds and also make sure that you have them regularly. I reckon we go through enough without adding to unnecessary pain levels.
  • MKitty68
    Options
    yeah, i only have 6 endone left... may have to get to my GP to get something when they run out
  • mum2jj
    mum2jj Member Posts: 4,330
    Options
    Oh @MKitty68 hang in there, you ar doing great. Sounds like you have a nice man by your side too :)
    hugs 
    Paula xx
  • MKitty68
    Options
    Thank you. I caught an Uber to my GP tonight (she only works evenings) & got some more pain meds. She looked at everything & is happy with it. She said they have done a good job. :) I hadn't taken any pain meds before going, so by the time i got to see her I was in a lot of pain. I'm feeling so much better now though - but wow i noticed a huge difference in the cost from the hospital pharmacy to the local Amcal... 

Targin from hospital - 6 tablets $19.97
    Targin from chemist - 28 tablets $36.68
    Endone from Hospital - 20 tablets $16.97
    Endone from chemist - 20 tablets $12.95
  • mum2jj
    mum2jj Member Posts: 4,330
    Options
    Great yiu doing well yep those hospital pharmacies know how to charge. 
    Hugs. 
    Paula xx
  • gingerninja
    gingerninja Member Posts: 38
    Options

Hey there @Mkitty68.

It sounds like the surgery went well for you which is great to hear!!!

arghhhhh....those awful bloody drains - I really do sympathise with you  - they suck!!  I did a little happy dance the day my second one was removed after 2 weeks..........

And I absolutely agree - the short term loss of independence is bloody frustrating too.  looking at my car in the driveway whilst waiting for someone to come and pick me up to drive me to post op appts did my head in for a little while.

But it does get better, albeit slowly....someone here made a really good point in reply to one of my earlier posts post op when I was feeling over things to say the least.... she said that each day/week does get better little by little, and then one day comes where you realise you haven't even thought about your boobs or the discomfort for a few hours........ I have to say I think I am getting close to turning that corner at nearly 6 weeks post op (with an additional surgery for post op complication which slowed me down a bit.)

The fatigue is a killer - I think that this is the one aspect of it all that has really surprised me the most, but I guess it is just my bodies way of taking over and do the repair work it needs to while I rest.

Wishing you all the best for your ongoing positive recovery.  I really hope you are back on your feet soon x

Sally

• MKitty68
    Options
    Thanks for that Sally. 
    I over did things yesterday, which is frustrating as it set me back pain-wise. 

I have also just applied for a part-time job doing admin/reception Saturday mornings & 2 full days through the week. I'm about to apply for another which is Saturday mornings and maybe some work through the week - just to keep my hand in & help a little bit financially. I feel that I should be able to handle a couple of days work whilst doing chemo, once it starts.