My birthday today & Mastectomy tomorrow

Comments

• melclarity
    melclarity Member Posts: 3,502
    Hey @Mkitty68 hope you are comfortable, glad to hear you've come through. Let us know how you go. Hugs Melinda xo
  • MKitty68
    MKitty68 Member Posts: 261
    Thank you ladies, I'm doing really well.

They're going to give me some endone in about an hour & the nurse just turned the fan on for me for my 'personal summers' lol
    ive had a light dinner, just the soup & dessert as I didn't feel up to anything heavier. 
    My daughter was here when I got to the ward, and she reminded me how to do the excercises. A friend of mine came & took her home so she didn't have to catch public transport in the dark. 
    I called my parents when I got to the ward, and Katie (my daughter) took a pic to send my parents so they can see how good it looks. My best friend was here earlier, he left just before 8:00pm & my boyfriend arrived just on 8:00pm. He stayed until 9:00pm, so I'm feeling good. 
    I was texting with one of the girls I was working with, so that was good too. 

The resident said that everything went really well. There were about 8 lymph nodes with hard spots (cancers?) in them. The nerve on the inside of my arm is affected, so I'll have a numb spot there. Small price to pay I think. 
  • LMK74
    LMK74 Member Posts: 795
    Mkitty 68, so glad your surgery went well. Get your friends to bring you food lol coz the food is crap at RBWH. 
    Wishing you a speedy recovery. 
    Lisa 
  • mum2jj
    mum2jj Member Posts: 4,327
    S glad it went well. Rest up Paula xxx
  • MKitty68
    @LMK74 the soup I had was really tasty, I didn't even look at the chicken though. 
    Ill keep it in mind though 
    @mum2jj thank you
  • socoda
    socoda Member Posts: 1,767
    @MKitty68 glad you're out the other side and sounds like doing so well. Xx 
  • Hopes_and_Dreams
    Hopes_and_Dreams Member Posts: 760
    Hope you had a pain free night @MKitty68. I won't say restful as that's pretty much impossible with all the overnight checks! You'll feel better once you have showered and moved a bit too.  So important to do your your exercise, the physio will probably pay you a visit today. Keep in touch, hope you continue to recover well. Sending a hug, Jane xx
  • MKitty68
    Thanks everyone. 
    I came home on Thursday morning, i have been sleeping a fair bit & still on endone. The hospital gave me Targin and Endone along with panadol osteo for pain. 
    Drain is still in, so far the fluid is still around the 200ml mark - although tonight it's only up to 95ml & has started to become more yellowish instead of the pinkish-red. 

sorry ladies, but I need to have a bit of a whinge... just because.. & i'm feeling emotional. 
    i am at the stage that i'm sick of having this damned thing attached to me, i'm sick of the sore arm & sore spot where the drain goes in. I sick of being tired most of the time! I'm sick of not being able to drive my own damn car! sick of hot flushes, Sick of not being able to do everything for myself! gahhhh! I hate feeling so damned helpless!!! 
    I rang my super fund & no, i don't have any income protection insurance, i rang my car loan mob & apparently none there either - i had to hold back from ripping into the people on the other side of the line... i know it's not their fault, so i held back.. life can just be so unfair at times! 

My nipple was itchy today - even though it's numb it felt itchy... phantom sensations i am assuming, from what i read it's not unusual and not a problem. There's not sign of infection, etc so all okay. 

Sunday was a better day, my boyfriend got here early-ish, i dragged him to bed & he most definitely made me feel better about all of this, and made me feel still desirable. He is wonderful & i am so lucky to have met such a wonderful man. 
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Oh we hear ya. I can remember being in tears as just wanted to sleep a full night through. It will get better. You will heal. But you're allowed to feel sorry for you. Darn it ....you had cancer and horrid surgery...but you are healing now...but it takes time. Little steps. I promise you...a few months time it will be but a memory...the scars won't but the pain, the darn drains etc memory will.  Kath x
  • socoda
    Hey @MKitty68, get some micropore tape from the chemist and use it to tape your drain to you so it doesn't swing - makes a huge difference to the pain. I had my drain for 8 weeks and needed to stop it from hurting. Xx Cath
  • MKitty68
    @socoda - i have that, but i need to move it regularly as i'm allergic to most adhesives. It's still tender though. 
  • socoda
    Ooooh bugger!! Yeah I kept taking panadol every 6 hrs until drain was gone. The fact that your fluid is changing colour is excellent - just keep an eye on the drain to make sure it doesn't get blocked cause that can increase the pain levels too. Xx
  • MKitty68
    yeah, i had some chunky stuff come through it yesterday, but that seems to have cleared now
  • socoda
    Excellent!!!
  • MKitty68
    it was a big long one like a worm, took a bit to come through. 
    Now i have some little chunky's and it's more yellow, but still a bit pink