Hair Loss

KatherineHKatherineH Member Posts: 25
Goodevening Lovelies,

When did your hair start falling out?
I am on day 14 of my first round of AC!

Comments

• LMK74LMK74 BrisbaneMember Posts: 505
    I believe it is around the 14th day. Im on day 13 first ac but i did taxol first so lost most of my hair on that. What little i have left will be all gone anytime now. How has your first round of ac been?.
  • KatherineHKatherineH Member Posts: 25
    @LMK74 thank you for your response. Day 4 and 5 was really rough, very nauseous.
    Apart from that I have felt good, hope it stays that way throughout.

I start taxol after the chemo, such a long road.
    It is a long road that's for sure. It sounds as if you're doing ok so far which is good. I'm finding the fatigue unbelievable so much so i spent the first seven days in bed,but no nausea. Just so tired. We will get there bit by  bit.
    @LMK74 all the best. It's just such a shitty thing but we will get through it
  • primekprimek Broken HillMember Posts: 3,182
    Day 17 on AC for me...it came out really suddenly
  • lgray3911lgray3911 Member Posts: 97
    KatherineH it was Day 14 for me after 1st round of AC. Talk to your oncologist about the nausea. I had it pretty bad round one and he changed my meds and had zero nausea for the next 2. I have my last one on the 6th of June and then start weeklies. Nausea can be prevented so get them to give you better drugs xx
    @lgray3911 I just had quite a bit coming out :(
    Day 14 for me!
  • Mrs_HMrs_H Brisbane SouthsideMember Posts: 66
    I'm day 2 of round 2 of dense dose AC (once a fortnight for 8 weeks). So far the hair on my head is still there with no changes, thinning, etc. I expect this will change soon. I have noticed my downstairs hair is starting to come out easily though. Here's hoping I don't confuse it with the dog hair continuously dropped around the house (black kelpie cross). Awkward much!
  • GlemmisGlemmis Member Posts: 204
    It was day 14 for me too with a very sensitive head before that. Now it is coming back very slowly, all other body hair back to normal! I finished chemo 3 months ago. 
    Mrs H, the only good thing about chemo is losing the bikini hair lol. Wish it was permanent. 
  • Mrs_HMrs_H Brisbane SouthsideMember Posts: 66
    edited May 23
    @LMK74 I'm excited for the armpit hairs to fall out. Hate shaving those little buggers as I always miss some (haven't shaved since Chemo and woah!). Silver lining that I will take. Jen.
  • Lmc1310Lmc1310 Central CoastMember Posts: 82
    Lost a lot of hair after 2nd of 4 x three weekly a/c. Started to grow back straightaway after a/c and 5 week break before taxol. Still growing after 4th of 12 x weekly taxol. It is now very soft rather than feeling like a beard. Happy that hair is growing back but oncologist says it will fall out again. Feeling very tired with Taxol and WBC count low. Best wishes to you all 
  • melclaritymelclarity Member Posts: 2,422
    I was on FEC so I lost all my hair about day 8-10 after first infusion, I lost EVERY SINGLE HAIR on my body LOL was great in some aspects haha!! 
  • primekprimek Broken HillMember Posts: 3,182
    I hated the bare beaver as it seemed to drag on everything. The thick dark hairs on my lower legs managed to hang on though. Beaver hair grew back white intially which was hilarious then dark came through and then I had a skunk look for a bit.
  • KombigirlKombigirl Manly Brisbane QLDMember Posts: 38
    I'm bumping this post up again as I'm now at Day 14 on A/C. When did you lose your hair?