Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

Holidays

Options
wendy_h67
wendy_h67 Member, Dragonfly Posts: 466
Well I was feeling brave the other day and asked my oncologist if I could have a break from I.V chemo so my husband and I could get away for a short holiday.  The answer was yes of course. So after I have recovered from yesterday's chemo we plan to go away for a break up the coast of NSW . I cant wait . Just to get off the merry-go-round of chemo every 3 weeks to rechare my batteries will be really great. Cant wait for the drug Palbociclib to come on the PBS list . One thing , it will give me a bit more freedom by not having to visit the oncology ward every 3 weeks . I shouldnt be complaining at least the chemo is keeping my tumours stable.
Tagged:

Comments

• socoda
    socoda Member Posts: 1,767
    Options
    Oh but to have an opportunity to bask in normal life - holidays!!!! Excellent. Hoping that the weather is beautiful for you Wendy and that you can bask in happiness. Xx 
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options
    Yet another reason for that drug to be affordable. The costs to all of us--patients, carers, health systems and taxpayers of having your sort of treatment is always underestimated. Particularly when there is an alternative.
    Have a great holiday. Xxx Marg.
  • melclarity
    melclarity Member Posts: 3,502
    Options
    Wendy that is wonderful news!!! go and enjoy!! Hugs Melinda xo
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    Have a wonderful break.
  • wendy_h67
    Options
    Thank you.  I'm really looking forward to it and I'll  have time to catch up with friends
  • Vix
    Vix Member Posts: 51
    Options
    So happy for you Wendy you received the thumbs up to go on a holiday! Reading that put a smile on my face. Nothing like quality time with those you love and cherish. Perfect medicine for the mind & soul x
  • wendy_h67
    Options
    Thanks  you so much.  I hope you are going well with your treatment. Sending love , Wendy. 
  • KimW
    KimW Member Posts: 76
    Options

wendy_h67 said:

Well I was feeling brave the other day and asked my oncologist if I could have a break from I.V chemo so my husband and I could get away for a short holiday.  The answer was yes of course. So after I have recovered from yesterday's chemo we plan to go away for a break up the coast of NSW . I cant wait . Just to get off the merry-go-round of chemo every 3 weeks to rechare my batteries will be really great. Cant wait for the drug Palbociclib to come on the PBS list . One thing , it will give me a bit more freedom by not having to visit the oncology ward every 3 weeks . I shouldnt be complaining at least the chemo is keeping my tumours stable.

Enjoy your holiday Wendy, Its so nice to be able to have just one break in chemo here and there to feel normal and recharge the batteries sometimes its just what our bodies need to cope with the ongoing onslaught of treatment.  Soak up that sun and enjoy. xx

• fairydust
    fairydust Member Posts: 290
    Options
    @wendy_h67 great news you are having a break. I recently saw my Gp. I asked him well what now? Look into rehab,overhall my diet, meditation retreat etc. He said there is no one answer maybe just going on a holiday at this stage is all you need. So maybe I will bump into you travelling up the coast of NSW> It has got to be warmer than Melbourne at this point in time.