Love it! 
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    So True.
  • Jenv
    Jenv Member Posts: 64
    Options
    Very true....one of my sisters sent me a text saying, ' jen u are not travelling this journey alone'  must have been having a bad day cos i saw red and took exception to that comment and told her 'well, unless your sitting with me having chemo and going thru all this shit, than yes i am. Dont give me soppy sentiment!  Harsh i know! Pissed me off
  • melclarity
    melclarity Member Posts: 3,502
    Options
    @SoldierCrab that is so ON POINT!!!!! I think I want a DAMN T-SHIRT!!!! haha! M x
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    Options
    now that is an idea Melclarity  love it ...... :D 

• iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    Oh I must be the odd one out! 
  • SoldierCrab
    Options
    why do you think that Iserbrown?

• iserbrown
    Options
    We are not the only ones that are "woe is me" and to walk around with a t-shirt saying just that can be upsetting to others - as I say I am the odd one out, I just didn't see it as Christian.  What we are going through is very personal.  I deal with the grieving public and imagine them seeing me in that t-shirt!
    Lesson here today if I don't like something I should just read and skim and not comment
  • primek
    Options
    @iserbrown No I think you have a valid point and nobody would be offended by your comment. I think the Tshirt idea being discussed is probably a joke. The reality of the quote though isn't meant as "woe is me". What the quote actually means is  "don't judge me for what you may not understand". And that my friend is being real. Everybody's life experience, whether it be bc, loss of a loved one, loss of a job or even chronic disease,  is unique to them. And we all react, cope differently. 
  • iserbrown
    Options

primek said:

"don't judge me for what you may not understand".

Ditto
  • SoldierCrab
    edited May 2017
    Options

primek said:

@iserbrown No I think you have a valid point and nobody would be offended by your comment. I think the Tshirt idea being discussed is probably a joke. The reality of the quote though isn't meant as "woe is me". What the quote actually means is  "don't judge me for what you may not understand". And that my friend is being real. Everybody's life experience, whether it be bc, loss of a loved one, loss of a job or even chronic disease,  is unique to them. And we all react, cope differently. 
    Iserbrown I agree with PrimeK I have no thought of wearing it ... it is the sentiment of it all...... Often people don't see the pain or stress of a situation and that is  what it is saying in the quote I put up.... 

It is like my son's when they were younger I would say "I sometimes wished their heads were on backwards as people didn't see their disability as it wasn't physical " didn't really mean I wanted their heads on backwards.... 
    I am definately NOT offended by your comments.... PrimeK you sure you not an trained psychologist you say things so well on here ..... hugs to all 
    Soldiercrab

• primek
    Options
    @iserbrown. I wasn't. Just clarifying for others that may read this thread.
  • iserbrown
    Options
    Dear oh dear! I will sign out now.