State of the Nation - update

Options
Kirsten_BCNA
Kirsten_BCNA Staff Posts: 57

A short update on the State of the Nation

Things have been busy with the State of the Nation. We have now met with over 2,000 members and their support team to talk about their unmnet needs. We have also been celebrating great programs and services making sure we can learn from the communities, hospitals and services that are ensuring the best possible experience for all those affected by breast cancer.

Last week we were in Adelaide and next week we head to Mildura and Broken Hill.

So what are our discussions/ town hall meetings or consultations all about?
  • We have taken some of the initial feedback from the Member Survey - yes you can still complete the survey if you have not already - head to the Member Survey online. 
  • At the consultations we break into small groups and discuss some of the challenges and issues in services during active treatment
  • Then we discuss some of the gaps in service when treatment stops
We are certainly finding some consistent national issues but also we have been able to determine some local issues. Including differences in costs for scans, wellness programs, access to psychosocial support and rehab programs.

If you would like to contribute keep an eye out for local invitations to our meetings either through forums or through our State of the Nation meetings.  Or you can share your experience by emailing us at policy@bcna.org.au

Comments

• SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    Options
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    Glad to see this here finally but so sad not to see any advertising for it locally. I am worried there will only be handful of women as we are very spread out,  many on remote stations. I really hope you plan to  advertise in the local paper at Broken Hill.
  • Kirsten_BCNA
    Options
    So pleased to meet you @primek thanks for all your wonderful and thoughtful feedback. Now to action a few things from last night!  KP
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    My pleasure @Kirsten_BCNA
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options
    I really want to know if you are coming to North East Victoria. Marg.
  • Kirsten_BCNA
    Options
    Hi @Zoffiel - we are heading to Albury on the 30th May - is this a location you are able to get to? Otherwise you can provide me with any issues you would like to discuss via email - policy@bcna.org.au

Cheers KP
  • Zoffiel
    Options
    Bugger. I'm in Shep seeing my oncologist on the 30th. Considering I have been in Albury fivr days a week for 5 weeks, that's hugely ironic.
  • Zoffiel
    Options
    What time and where @Kirsten_BCNA ? If I can't reschedule I might be able to get a couple of other ladies to go. Do you advertise or promote this? Flick a flyer to the Hilltop accommodation unit in Albury. There are a couple of ladies staying there who might be interested. I'm assuming you will be at the Cancer Centre, Hilltop is on the same site. 
    If you have a flyer pm it to me and I will circulate it thru my networks.
    Marg
    Btw the above links are broken.
  • Cosette
    Cosette Member Posts: 637
    Options
    @Zoffiel, it's our next information forum. It's from 9am - 3pm. You can see more info and register here.
  • Zoffiel
    Options
    Right, I've rescheduled my onc and I'm going.
  • Zoffiel
    edited May 2017
    Options

That was fun @cosette_BCNA