Small victories

Options
Zoffiel
Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372

10 weeks after my last chemo and half way through rads, there have been a couple of little things that have brought a smile to me dial.

The terrible muscle pain from my last chemo has nearly gone away. I was terrified that Femara would only make it worse, but it's gradually fading. Don't get me wrong, I'm a long way from being able to run or jump and my joints are shite and likely to remain that way for a while, but at least I'm not crippled.

MY HAIR IS GROWING BACK! Yes, I'm shouting. And doing the 'woot woot' dance. It's straight and silver and it's mine, mine, all mine. My scalp is a bit tanned and I must say I don't mind the look. I'd really like my eyelashes to catch up.

And now, the best bit. I've lost the 5 kg I put on during chemo. Thank F@$&* for that. With any luck I can keep going and drop the other three that arrived with my diagnosis. I've put away the fat jeans and can--just--get the second from fattest pairs on. OK, I'm bulging over the top of them a bit, but they are on. Which is a huge boost to my ego and has happened quite easily now I'm not simultaneously starving and eating rubbish. :):):) Marg

Comments

• LMK74
    LMK74 Member Posts: 795
    Options
    That's great news Zoffiel. I'm very pleased for you.
  • nikkid
    nikkid Member Posts: 1,766
    Options
    You go girl Marg! 
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    Options
    Yah :D 

• melclarity
    melclarity Member Posts: 3,502
    Options
    Marg thats great news!!! Im still carrying the post chemo weight its crap!!! but now am on a cleansing diet its been awesome!!! so I have 6 more to shift GRRRR!!! So well done!!! xo Melinda
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    Whacko 

• melclarity
    melclarity Member Posts: 3,502
    Options
    Image result for congratulations animated gif

WOOHOO!!!! WOW!!! That's Awesome Marg!!! x M
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    Fantastic...nothing like a sarcastic woman who says what she thinks to be a joy to work with. I'd love to work with you. 
  • mum2jj
    mum2jj Member Posts: 4,330
    Options
    Yay for you, you made me smile. :)
    Paula xx
  • socoda
    socoda Member Posts: 1,767
    Options
    Hey Marg @Zoffiel how fantastic is that. Maybe its the gravy train ;) So happy that things are starting to look up and hoping that they just keep getting betterer  and betterer!!!!!!
  • nikkid
    nikkid Member Posts: 1,766
    Options
    Great news Marg! Well done xxx
  • fairydust
    fairydust Member Posts: 290
    Options
    @Zoffiel glad glad glad things can only get better. By the way a while back I asked for help making a decision to do a medical  trial or not.  Your comment crystallised my thinking and helped emormously.. My hair has also returned except I have curls(like a bad perm)..Recently I was at a club I hadnt been to for a while. The attendent who I knew said ummm new  haircut? I said naaa  its because of cancer,. Poor thing almost fainted I am so sorry she said Naa I said its okay. Alls  well I am here.
  • Molly001
    Molly001 Member Posts: 419
    Options
    Awesome!! I'm so very happy for you.