Mother's Day Classic

Options
Cate64
Cate64 Member Posts: 446
edited May 2017 in Health and wellbeing
Hello my lovelies, I have been quiet of late I realise,  just been a busy time at work.

So, how many of you are participating in the Mother's Day Classic on Sunday??

I am, in Melbourne in the 4km run,  8.15am wave. Anybody else???

Pink gear is at the ready including my brand new, purchased especially for the event, PINK Flipbelt & LJ cap with PINK LJ Logo...

Oh... & helping me along will be my very own "VI"..... which is an artificial intelligence personal training device... yes go me!!! .....running running running!!

Comments

• Glemmis
    Glemmis Member Posts: 343
    Options
    Hi Cate, I am not this year, still trying to build up my running, I can now do 2 Kms, LOL. I will be having yum cha instead. But have fun & good luck & post a picture if you can. 
  • Cate64
    Options
    @Glemmis well done on achieving 2km & enjoy your Yum Cha.

& you know me & my pictures, I will post them Monday :) we are technically running as a parkrun Team but, my son (who is way faster than me & takes on 1/2 marathons & is 1/2 my age) is going to run with me & I have to admit I am a little excited about that, he will be slowing himself down by about 3mins a km to stay with me... Then we are going to Fed Square for Mothers Day breakfast at a cafe there.
  • Glemmis
    Glemmis Member Posts: 343
    Options
    That sounds lovely & how wonderful your son is running with you. I wish my children were a bit more sporty. Have a great day!
  • socoda
    socoda Member Posts: 1,767
    Options
    Hey lovely @Cate64 I was only thinking about you this morning and wondering how you were doing.  Realised that you had the mothers day classic this weekend and thought I'd better get my fingers on here to wish you all the best with it.  So run like the wind ;) , and have a most amazing day.  Enjoy your well deserved brekkie with you son and GO YOU GOOD CATE GO!!!!
  • rowdy
    rowdy Member Posts: 1,165
    Options
    Hi I will be going I'm registered to run but have a bad knee so will be walking with my daughter in law.
    I was going to do last year but had to cancel as I had surgery on my knee. A picture popped up on my fb feed from when I did it 2 years ago I hope the weather is good
  • Cate64
    Options
    @socoda I have missed you, where have you been girl??? I have things to tell you....