Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

Well, it's like this

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Orbost, VictoriaPosts: 0
ok, it's gone from what the to.....it's like this.
My bone scan was yesterday.... The injection, a primary scan, then come back in 4 hours.
Back track a few days... Monday, my Mother in law fell and broke her hip. Lying in the rain, she called the ambulance and the neighbours. The neighbours provided blankets and an umbrella to keep the rain off.... What a woman.
Tuesday,I'm a member of the local SES, and I acted as the trapped person in a vehicle, while they held my head straight until they cut me out of the vehicle in the pretend scenario. That night, my Mother In Law had a pin and plate operation to her hip, what a busy day.
Yesterday, bone scan, initial injection, visit the Mother In Law whose hip operation was successful....whew glad she's okay.
Today? Phone call from my oncologist.... Come and see me as soon as you can today.....his office is 1 hour drive away, my husband had to drive the school bus and couldn't find a replacement, so I rounded up the closest friend I could find and drove down the highway.
Once we got there I asked that I go in by myself, trying to stay composed. The news isn't great...bony mets in 5 different places. Explains my pain vividly....will change from Arimidex to Tamoxifen, as the current melds are not working, then monthly injections to support my bone density. Referral back to my rads oncologist for rads and possibly a trial.
Drove home for 100 km with my friend who was absolutely wonderful. On getting home to my crying husband...received a call from my rads oncologist also upset. He will ring tomorrow to discuss what happens next.
1. Hospital for 4 days to put in a pain management plan
2. then onto rads to shrink my bony tumours
3. CT of pelvis, abdomen and thorax, and some blood tests
4. Possibly a clinical test to manage my chronic condition

What a week... Hopefully not to be repeated...my head is spinning, my husband and I are numb

Rise above it and try to move forward.......What the

Comments

• nikkid
    nikkid Member Posts: 1,766
    Oh @Tracey B what an awful day....I am so sorry to hear that you received news like this. All I can do is send a big warm enveloping hug. Thinking of you Nikki xxxxx
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Oh so sad for you both. I know you will be doing all you can with boxing gloves on (although painting might be challenging like that).  I hope your pain is sorted very soon and all stabilised. #fuckcancer.
    Kath x
  • lrb_03
    lrb_03 Member Posts: 1,267
    Oh Tracey. I haven't logged in for ages, but I read posts regularly. When I saw your post just now, I just had to log in.  I saw your post last week, & you have remained in my thoughts. 
    You were such a support to so many, as I was going through treatment. I hope that we can support you now, in some small way. 
    Sending hugs, Lyn
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,540
    Double crumbs Tracey. I'm absorbing your news and don't know what to say! Hopefully in the morning I can say something deep and meaningful. For now my heart goes out to you. Sending you a virtual hug. Take care from Christine xx 
  • [Deleted User]
    Thanks to you all for being there, for your support an cuddles. All received and cuddles right back xxxx
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Oh, bugger! This is a vile disease.  Pain management is good, but none of us ever want to be in the position of needing it. Best of luck with everything, Tracey.   Xxx
  • onemargie
    onemargie Member Posts: 1,264
    WTF!!!. Get your plan of attack and pain management sorted and fight the rotten bastard head on. kick the bloody cancer in the balls Tracey I know you can do it. Thinking of you keep us posted. Biggest hugs to you and your family. Margie xx 
  • melclarity
    melclarity Member Posts: 3,502
    @Tracey B Yep youre news knocked the absolute crap out of me....Tracey I am so sorry for these results and so incredibly angry and pissed at this thing called Breast Cancer!!! BUT KNOW THIS....You are absolutely not alone, we are all here 100% right behind you every single step...You are an incredibly beautiful, strong woman, as we always say one step at a time, you can do this!!! The biggest of hugs to you and your family. Melinda xo
  • Deanne
    Deanne Member Posts: 2,163
    So sorry to hear this, Tracey. Hope that they can get this under control quickly for you. Sending hugs. xxx
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,540
    edited May 2017
    Good Morning Tracey - in the morning light no doubt you are still mulling over the big week and the personal event that has unfolded. Goodness how do these things happen?  Be rest assured as you can see by the messages of support we are all here willing you along.  Management plan being sorted, excellent! 
    In an earlier post I think you said you were getting ready for an art show? I'll be there in spirit at that Show! 
    Sending you a virtual hug, take care from Christine xx

• wendy_h67
    wendy_h67 Member, Dragonfly Posts: 466
    I'm so sorry to hear your news. You have also helped me and inspired me when I have felt down in the past. As the other girls have said we are hear to support you. Sending you comforting hugs. I was diagnosed with bone mets 5yrs ago and still going strong. I dont let cancer stop me from enjoying life.
  • Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    As if you haven't been busy enough now more appointments in your life. At least pain management will be a good help. <3
  • Michelle_R
    Michelle_R Member Posts: 901
    Big hugs, Tracey - what an absolutely awful week you have had!  I am so sorry, and hope they put your action plan on fast forward and hit these mets hard.  Thinking of you and sending love and huge hugs.  xx  Michelle
  • [Deleted User]
    Big cuddles to of you....what awesome people you all are. This is very much appreciated. Next step is admitted to hospital Sunday with X-rays and work ups, start treatment on Monday first thing. The roller coaster ride has begun, just hanging on to the carriage and 1 bumpy ride at a time.
    Sending you all a huge thankful cuddle xxxx
  • Jane221
    Jane221 Member Posts: 1,193
    Oh Tracey, I was so sorry to read your news that you back on the treatment roller coaster. Here's hoping the treatment can keep things controlled for you. In the meantime, hold on tight, we are right here with you. Sending huge hugs xx