I've written a book about fear of recurrence!

Options
Hi everyone,

A bit excited!

Just sent the final draft of my book to someone so that it can be formatted for publication on Kindle.

And yes, I did finally make up my mind about a title:

'FREE FROM FEAR - living well after cancer'

It's got lots of practical strategies for dealing with that slow, creeping fear that the cancer is back as well as a whole section on living your best life. I was inspired by all the people that commented on this site, and on my blog. You encouraged me to keep writing so I did! 

I don't have any grand ambitions. I'm just hoping to pass on the information that was so beneficial to me during treatment. This was also an activity that helped me to rebuild my brain after treatment, so I'm already very happy that I took the time to learn how to do it. 

I'm on track to publish on Kindle some time in the next few weeks. That will keep the cost down. I'll also be listing it in their promotional program so that it will be available for free just after it's published. I'll post here when that happens so that all the wonderful people that have sent me lovely comments over the last three and a bit years can get a copy without paying anything. 

Thanks again to everyone that said 'keep writing', especially Michelle and Ricki. 

Meg McGowan

XXX

Comments

• InkPetal
    InkPetal Member Posts: 499
    Options
    That's wonderful Meg, congratulations on a goal completed! x
  • socoda
    socoda Member Posts: 1,767
    Options
    Fantastic news.  Looking forward to reading it.  :)
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    Fantastic...but totally worth paying for.
  • Hopes_and_Dreams
    Hopes_and_Dreams Member Posts: 760
    Options
    Wow, what an achievement!!  I'm sure lots of people will benefit from it Meg.  X
  • onemargie
    onemargie Member Posts: 1,264
    Options
    how good is that ! looking forward to reading it, good on you woman!!! Margie:)
  • positive3negative
    positive3negative Member Posts: 323
    Options
    Oh thanks so much for all the encouragement! Just waiting on the cover design and I'm ready to go! :smiley:
  • melclarity
    melclarity Member Posts: 3,502
    Options
    That is so awesome!!! Certainly something Ive alwasy wanted to do, but maybe not quite the same type of writing. Impressive! xo Melinda
  • Karenhappyquilter
    Karenhappyquilter Member Posts: 242
    Options
    Fantastic I look forward to reading it.  Karen 
  • LITHGOW1950
    LITHGOW1950 Member Posts: 314
    Options
    Well done. I look forward to reading the book.
  • Michelle_R
    Michelle_R Member Posts: 901
    Options
    Hi Meg and congratulations!  I can't wait to read it!  You did it and that's wonderful - it will bring comfort to a lot of people!  Michelle xxx
  • NaturalBel
    NaturalBel Member Posts: 542
    Options
    What a great achievement.  It is wonderful to be able to put it into words and then get it out there!  I wish you well with it and I am sure it will be greatly appreciated.  xx
  • adean
    adean Member Posts: 1,036
    Options
    Fabulous achievment
  • Di
    Di Member Posts: 50
    Options
    Well done I will look forward to reading it. 
    Di xx