Told today mastectomy of my right breast

Options
1235»

Comments

• Michelle49
    Michelle49 Member Posts: 37
    Options
    Yes thank you Jane. When they changed the law on contactable information my sister , not biological but who was also adopted, got her information straight away I left mine about another 2 years before I got enough courage to get my bio. I took another year before I traced one of my uncles but my daughter rang them on my behalf and made contact, it was then I found out that Margaret had passed away 2 years previously. Knowing what I know now even if I had contacted her before she died, she wouldn't have wanted contact as she was already diagnosed and when she was put into hospital she kept it from all her family as she didn't want then to worry because there was no point. 
    We can always say " in hindsight "  but as in the case of breast cancer , I know follow the motto act now don't leave it for tomorrow 
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    Now I guess it may be worthwhile considering if you need genetic counselling kniwing your family history now. So good you are being supported by your maternal Aunts.
  • Unicornkisses
    Unicornkisses Member Posts: 402
    Options
    Take Clarytyne at the same time as the Neulasta injection and for the 4-5 days after. It will really help with the pain. I only needed Panadol a few times when doing it that way.
    I had Neulasta after every chemo dose. 
  • Michelle49
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Thank you I took the claratyne and it worked a little sore in my neck and shoulders ,like I slept wrong, but other than that no other pains. My doctor said to let her know how it goes and all I can say is it's brilliant 
  • Michelle49
    edited September 2017
    Options
    :D Ok so final finished AC chemo last Thursday but my weight has been dropping as I have no appetite my oncologist told me to keep up with protein shakes and Gatorade as well as eating what I felt like but my weight has dropped around 4 kg every AC treatment last weight was 56.7 kg when I started I was 67.9 kg so today I've had a protein shake and toast with peanut butter & a ham cheese tomato and onion omelette ,toast and banana sustagen 70% protein milk and icecream smoothie, I've gotta say I'm full I hope it works . Now I just have to get a good blender or NutriBullet to make the smoothies smooth and not lumpy
  • Michelle49
    Options
    Ok so here I am back after a while of not posting , I know I know slack on my behalf. 
    Update: finished radiation with not a single problem,skin was a little tight but by putting sorbolene cream on every morning,night and after every treatment saved my skin from the dreaded burn .
    i'm  now waiting for my op date of 31st October to get my reconstruction done and I'm going to the extra step on having a skin and nipple saving mastectomy on my left side and having it rebuilt at the same time as I was told that I have as much chance of having cancer in that side as I had in the right. 
    Sleep is being a bugger on tamoxifen taking ages to get to sleep and waking up 2 or 3 times during the night , other than that I'm going great , my hair is growing so much I had my first haircut a month ago and everyone keeps asking me if I'm going to keep it short as I look younger but I tell them no as I hate my hair short lol 
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    If you're awake in the middle of the night and feel like some company, check out the discussion called Night Howls. We have a bit of a laugh over there.

You're having a DIEP recon? I had the skin sparing double mastectomy and DIEP reconstruction at the end of April this year.

Sounds like you're in a good place Michelle. K  :)
  • Michelle49
    Options
    Yeah diep reconstruction , I had a right side mastectomy 17th may last year then chemo and radiation. I am in a good place and have been since chemo, I'm a positive person lol, I'll definitely check out night owls thanks for that  K 
  • mum2jj
    mum2jj Member Posts: 4,330
    Options
    Great to hear you finished treatment and have a surgery plan. 
    Hugs. 
    Paula xxxx
  • Chelley59
    Chelley59 Member Posts: 55
    Options
    You are all so lucky you have a husband ....
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 79
    edited September 2018
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Chelley59
    Chelley59 Member Posts: 55
    Options
    It's just that I feel like I dont like to speak too much about it to my children (they are adults) because it stresses them out....and although my friends are very supportive....I dont like to talk too much about it either.....I go through all these scenarios in my head....yes at the moment it's only DCIS but umm til they check my nodes and do the wide excision...my mind goes off on these tangents....its the waiting that messes with your head x
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.