Told today mastectomy of my right breast

Comments

• mum2jj
    mum2jj Member Posts: 4,327
    Great news @Michelle49 Rest up now.  Great Dr, and great hubby too.
    Paula xx
  • mum2jj
    Great news @Michelle49 Rest up now.  Great Dr, and great hubby too.
    Paula xx
  • fairydust
    fairydust Member Posts: 290
    @Michelle49 what a journey. Its great to hear of a beautiful supportive man. Some ladies are not as lucky and partners may leave or behave badly. I was also touched by the compassion my breast surgeon displayed to me. Great your home and ready for the next stage. One day dont ask me when you will wake up and treatment will be all over. Maybe an eternity ring?
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Great surgeon. Hubby is a keeper. Glad you are home. X
  • socoda
    socoda Member Posts: 1,767
    @Michelle49, how brilliant. Excellent that you're home with your lovely hubby and what a beautiful sentiment. Xx Cath
  • Michelle49
    Michelle49 Member Posts: 37
    Right then , I had my appointment with my doctor to get the final results, turns out that I'm stage 2 , only just, 25mm lump from my nipple downwards and minute trace in the first node that didn't show up in any tests before the operation and barely showed up in the biopsy from the operation. So Dr Trinh has organised for me to have chemo, under Dr Fox, at daffodil cottage ,Bathurst, she thinks about 3 weeks and 5 weeks of radiation , under Dr Tiver, at cancer care, Nepean hospital . 
    Its strange but I'm not upset after losing my right breast, I'm relieved that I'm only stage 2 and that treatments are moving forward fast. 
    I had a biopsy on my left breast several years ago when the doctors found floating particles in a cyst and had to make a decision to remove that breast if it came back malignant so I think that I was some what prepared this time. The nurse removed the bindings before I left the hospital and was amazed how I handled it when I looked in the mirror, I didn't cry lol and only said " shit I am bruised " , mainly from the haematoma , so here I am feeling good, happy and with my wonderful hubby waiting on me hand and foot, which gets annoying at times as I am capable lol, and only cried a little when visiting some friend and he remarked how proud he was of me in the strength I have shown and that he was amazed at my outlook on the whole thing as he doesn't think he could be as together as I am being. 
    Thank you all for listening to me and you kind words, I think that they have helped to get me to this place in time xxxx
  • socoda
    socoda Member Posts: 1,767
    @Michelle49 big hug. Xx
  • primek
    I think for many of us it's before hand is worse  i found though after treatment for me  the realisation and grief set in. But I've picked myself up and just keep working on it.
  • mum2jj
    Hugs xxx
  • Hopes_and_Dreams
    Hopes_and_Dreams Member Posts: 760
    Thinking of you @Michelle49 and sending a hug.
    Enjoy being waited on and I hope you continue to recover well.  Jane xx
  • Michelle49
    Ok so back from daffodil cottage Bathurst, got my regime for chemo setup, starting on 29th June 4 treatments of AC, once every 3 weeks then 12 weeks of toxol to round out the 6 months. My HER2 was negative so all together I'm feeling happy . Go me lol
  • primek
    You are going great guns. 
  • Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    Don't forget you need to look after yourself especially during chemo when your immunity is low. I used to have a box of Strepsils antibacterial near the door which guests would suck while they visited me. ;)
  • Michelle49
    Just a quick query , when I seen the oncologist at daffodil cottage she asked me why I was having radiation after chemo if they have already done the mastectomy . I presumed it was because there was minute traces of cancer cells in the first lymph node ? I'm seeing the radiologist Dr Tiver on Tuesday and back tot he breast clinic and DrTrinh straight after so I guess I'll ask them both. I'm not saying I'm not going to do the radiation I'll do what ever the doctors want but It has been in the back of my mind ever since the oncologist mentioned it yesterday .
  • primek
    Always good to check.