Breast Pain

SusieQ2
SusieQ2 Member Posts: 26
I just need some advice and/or reassurance .. and who better to ask than the wonderful ladies here!

It's been a year and half since I had a lumpectomy and axillary clearance and everything has been moving forward well.  I still have a numbness on the underside of my affected arm and down the side of my breast which is my new normal.  However, today I have been having little tingly jabs and some sharp pains in the front of my breast. 

In light of what I have gone through, is this something I need to worry about or can I put it down to the healing process?

I would appreciate any advice.

Susie x 

Comments

• PaulaN
    PaulaN Member Posts: 237
    Hi I'm a year post surgery & I'm still numb & get sometimes. If you're worried at all get checked out even if its just for peace of mind
    Paula XXX
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372

Tingly jabs are pretty common, I think. Keep a note of when this started and try to figure if you have got more sensation in the skin in that area than you've had for a while.

This stuff is so ephemeral. You feel like a fool turning up complaining about things that someone may just fob off, but if there is a pattern emerging that doesn't make sense to you, having a tidy record of what started when and what happened next will be handy and give your treatment team something concrete to work with. As always, if it is stressing you and you have a sneaky, or not so sneaky, suspicion that something is wrong, get it checked. Your breast care nurse would be a good place to start. Marg

• melclarity
    melclarity Member Posts: 3,502
    @susieQ2 Hey! Sounds like youre healing really well :) the zaps and sharp pains are all very very normal, its actually all the nerves healing. Breast Care Nurse or Surgeon would be best to ask if your concerned, but sounds very normal. The numbness well depends, Im 2 years post and still slight numbness in armpit but no big deal :) Melinda