Last RAD Today

Nads
Nads Member Posts: 25
Had my last rad treatment today and couldn't be happier...skin is not good but so happy it is over.  Another 2 weeks rest and hopefully can get back into the swing of things at work.  Short shifts of course and taking my time.  Would like to share a pic from the dreaded radiation room today.  Got to put my thumb print on the tree to show I'm finished.

Comments

• Glemmis
    Glemmis Member Posts: 343
    Congratulations @Nads, it is a good feeling. I finished mine on Wednesday.  Hope your skin recovery goes well!
  • fairydust
    fairydust Member Posts: 290
    @Nads great work. I remembered when i finished not that long ago I became slightly confused. It took time to detune and have a whole day week etc not controlled by a timetable for treatment. Great feeling though. 
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Fantastic. Well done.

• kayvie
    kayvie Member Posts: 157
    Congrats Nads! It is an achievement to get to the end! Hope the skin heals quickly and you celebrate this milestone B)
  • Butterfly 40
    Butterfly 40 Member Posts: 150
    Congratulations, @Nads! So happy for you! All the best! Big gentle hugs Xxx 
  • Molly001
    Molly001 Member Posts: 419
    That's awesome! Congrats.
  • AineG
    AineG Member Posts: 53
    Awesome Congrats!   Enjoy the downtime adjusting to life without such an intense schedule :)
  • Hopes_and_Dreams
    Hopes_and_Dreams Member Posts: 760
    Congratulations Nads. What a wonderful day for you. Hope you have continue to heal well. Love the tree! Jane xx
  • lgray3911
    lgray3911 Member Posts: 207
    Woooohhhhoooo!! Can't wait untill this is my post! Xx
  • au0rei
    au0rei Member Posts: 248
    Yippee @Nads mine is starting on Monday for three weeks.... feeling a little apprehensive but I will get there! xx
  • Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    I dodged the rads. Dunno how you ladies get thru it. Well done!
  • melclarity
    melclarity Member Posts: 3,502
    Fantastic Nads, so glad to hear you made it through it all!! Now time to heal a little. I found the fatigue at the end horrendous and my radiologist made me take 2 weeks off. I think though as I worked full time all the way through it and was a single parent at the time. It was bloody hard!!! so rest! xo Melinda
  • Hulos
    Hulos Member Posts: 94
    Congratulations and well done ..minebis not till after my op which is scheduoed forc31/5. Then rads for  6 weeks,bnot sure howvicam going cope with that. .not optional though so I'll just soldier  on and can't wait to be in your position. 

Xxx

• Nads
    Nads Member Posts: 25
    @Hulos. All the best for your op and radiation.  You will get through this like we all do.  It's a long haul but plenty of rest is needed as I found out the hard way.  Look after yourself and you've got this