Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

Back pain

angg66
angg66 Member Posts: 188
Hi everyone. I have been doing really well recently. My lower back bone mets are stable so no need for chemo. So I've been enjoying life and walking for exercise. Felt really fit & happy. 

Then on Friday I went to an exercise group specifically for women with cancer. I was really enjoying the workout. Then I bent done to pick up my water bottle from the ground. OUCH!! I have spent the last 2 days in pain. My lower back is in a lot of pain although it is better this morning. What do I do? Do I contact the oncologist or is it just muscular in which case it will resolve itself? I HATE CANCER! 

Comments

• Glemmis
    Glemmis Member Posts: 343
    Hi @angg66, we are always going to worry about every single pain but you say your back is a bit better now so it sounds like you may have pulled a muscle. You could try some gentle exercise or massage & if it doesn't go then may be see your doctor. I have had an aching back for a few days but finding exercise helps. I am putting it down to starting Femara 5 weeks ago. 
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Cancer sucks! (That's my understatement platitude for the day,,) 
  • wendy_h67
    wendy_h67 Member, Dragonfly Posts: 466
    Hi Angg66, I guess when ever we get a new pain we are going to think the worse. I have numerous bone mets, and recently had a bone scan which showed that the bone mets were stable ! One day after I had been playing a game with my 5yrs old grandson and noticed the pain in my hip area was worrying me more than usual.  It was last October that they found a new area in my upper femur. So I began to worry, even though I  had just had a stable bone scan result. The pain seems to have settled now not worrying me so much. I guess there is always going to be that fear of WHAT NOW. Wishing you the best with your treatment. 
  • brightspace
    brightspace Member Posts: 445
    Hi anng66 book in to see execrcise psyiologist?/ psyiotherapist.have gp start a plan for your sessions. All thebest Bright
  • Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    Rest up a few days. Mine took several days to come good and all I did was get up from the table! Our backs go into overkill with every muscle around it saying don't move! I just took it easy and kept up the panadols for a few days and it was gone.
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Ice and rest should settle muscles and discs with gentle walks when you feel able and light stretches. If it doesn't improve you know what to do. Kath x