5 years and discharged

adean
adean Member Posts: 1,036
Hi all yesterday l was officialy discharged from peter mac boxhill radioligy. Never to return hopefuly. It will be 5 years in june cannot believe it. My radioligist shook my hand and said she loves it when she gets to walk you out and thats what she did. I still have my other drs to see l felt very strange and a little emotional of all the memories l had at this hospital.upwards and onwards. Adean

Comments

• toc
    toc Member Posts: 7
    Hi Adean, it does feel bittersweet when you get to that point. well done. kylie
  • melclarity
    melclarity Member Posts: 3,502
    @Adean ohhh thats fantastic news!!!! Yay!!!! I can imagine very reflective but exciting too moving forward!! Hugs Melinda xo
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Good on ya! Xxx
  • LITHGOW1950
    LITHGOW1950 Member Posts: 314
    Such wonderful news.....well done. ❤️
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,352
    It's the end of a chapter, now for the rest of the story. Congratulations!!
  • fairydust
    fairydust Member Posts: 290
    @adean wonderful news. I have just recently finished at Peter Mac Box Hill. My oncologist and breast surgeon thought going private would be best . I decided to go to Box Hill and have never regretted it. I loved the staff, generally I rarely had to wait long.  I can see why you might miss Box Hill nice place.
  • KatyJoy
    KatyJoy Member Posts: 181
    I am starting radiotherapy at pmac box hill next week, well done on this important step!
  • kayvie
    kayvie Member Posts: 157
    Wonderful news @adean. Congratulations  :)
  • Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    Good on you. Something to aspire to. I am at one year atm. Four more to go. :)
  • Michelle_R
    Michelle_R Member Posts: 901
    So happy for you!  Here's to your bright future! xx Michelle
  • socoda
    socoda Member Posts: 1,767
    Hi @adean , Woooooooohooooooooo!!!!! That is sooooo excellent.

animated-congratesgif

Yayyyyyyy!!!!! 5 years is soooo fantastic.
    Huge hugs lovely. Xx Cath

• Myjourney
    Myjourney Member Posts: 32
    Excellent, when do you the start the count down is it after the last day of treatment?
  • adean
    adean Member Posts: 1,036
    Im not sure l count it from diagnosis but you know what cancer is cancer and it will always be part of me its just another appointment l can cross off.lol adean
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,540
    Woo hoo @adean!  That is monumental!  Onwards and upwards (to use your words)  Yay!
    Take care
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    woo hoo my 5 year appointment will be this year in Sept.. I totally agree with you about the sense of emotions.... part of me is excited that I am approaching my 5 year appointment and part of me is scared.... 
    You have done well and you should be proud that you have achieved this Cancer changes us but we have a future ahead of us to plan and enjoy :D