Choosing Breast Reconstrcution Weekly update

mum2jj
mum2jj Member Posts: 4,327
Hi Ladies,

Here's what's been happening in our Choosing Breast reconstruction group if you haven't been to visit over the last couple of weeks.

We have a new member about to have a Lat Dorsi reconstruction asking about exercise and fitness post op.  Please if you have had this type of reconstruction pop over and offer some support.

We have another great photo story from a member who has had a bilateral mastectomy and immediate reconstruction using implants

Mel has posted another photo of her mastectomy and DIEP reconstruction at 6 weeks post op.  she's looking great :)

Nikki has continued to update her DIEP reconstruction post and looks fantastic at just 3 weeks post op.

It is so nice to see the friendship forming as our members are supporting one another and ladies commenting on what a great site this is. 

Thankyou so much to the ladies who are so very generous in sharing their photos.  They all get added to our one big announcement post so anyone in the group can check out photos and resources that members have posted in one place.  I recently had to make a new  post containing all the photo stories, information sheets and resource posts we have collated as the old one got too big. Check it out when you get time. t's a great place to look if you are wondering about realistic outcomes. These are all posts from our very generous members.

Thanks @Alpal for sharing your photo from the Central Coast support lunch.  Don't forget the Sydney Reclaim Your Curves girls are having a support lunch on April 30th. These lunches are a great way to catch up with others who are going through what you are.

If you aren't a member of choosing breast reconstruction and would like to join you are most welcome.

Don't forget to check in with your groups ladies.

Have an awesome weekend. I will be celebrating my daughters 18th.... something I wasn't sure I would be around to do when first diagnosed.  Happy days :)

Paula and the team :)
Tagged:

Comments

• socoda
    socoda Member Posts: 1,767
    Hey Paula @mum2jj, hoping that your daughters 18th is sensational. Wooooohoooooooooo - and that you thoroughly enjoy it. XX
  • mum2jj
    Thanks @socoda :)
  • Butterfly 40
    Butterfly 40 Member Posts: 150
    Thank you for the information, Paula! 
    Hope you are having great time celebrating your daughter's18th birthday this weekend! Xxx
  • mum2jj
    Thanks @Butterfly 40. It was an awesome weekend. Xxxx
  • libran1673
    libran1673 Member Posts: 3
    Hi there fellow BC patients. Im just new in this site and Im grateful to join this very useful blog!!!  Im just curious how to have the permission to view the photos of mum2jj as it tells me PERMISSION PROBLEM. I had my DIEP reconstruction 3 weeks ago...Cheers!
  • melclarity
    melclarity Member Posts: 3,502
    Hey @libran1673 you have to submit to get permission to join the Group, have you done that? then you'll be able to view the photo stories. Melinda xo
  • mum2jj
    Hi @libran1673 You need to request to join  choosing breast reconstruction. You will then be asked to leave a brief message and one of the admins will approve you. 
    Paula :)
  • libran1673
    o:) Hi mum2jj, thank you for the info! I just requested to join and waiting for their reply!
  • libran1673
    :) Hi melcarity, thank you! Yes I already did! Just waiting to be responded!
  • mum2jj
    @libran1673 you are all signed up now xxx
  • shazzag18
    shazzag18 Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2017
    Hi, I've just joined BCNA, but how do I get access to certain things like Breast reconstruction info/photos etc, I tried to look at a post, but it said I didn't have permission.
  • melclarity
    melclarity Member Posts: 3,502

mum2jj said:

Hi @libran1673 You need to request to join  choosing breast reconstruction. You will then be asked to leave a brief message and one of the admins will approve you. 
    Paula :)

@shazzag18 if you follow the link above you can request to join the Group as it is Private . Melinda x 
  • mum2jj

shazzag18 said:

Hi, I've just joined BCNA, but how do I get access to certain things like Breast reconstruction info/photos etc, I tried to look at a post, but it said I didn't have permission.

Here's the link to request to join http://onlinenetwork.bcna.org.au/group/1-choosing-breast-reconstruction Paula :)