Young women and breast cancer

ccasper
ccasper Dragonfly Posts: 190
Hi everyone

I have recently started blogging about my experience with breast cancer as a young woman. I know there is another forum targeted at young women but I do definitely feel there needs to be more awareness about young women and breast cancer risk. I have met far too many women my age or younger that have been diagnosed and without a family history. 
If anyone is interested in reading my blog: https://carlysfighttowin.wordpress.com/

i talk about chemo,being a mum, getting through and the importance of exercise as well as sharing healthy recipes. Feel free to have a click. I hope some of the information is helpful x

Comments

• primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Great stuff. Many new young women have recently joined so this will be fantastic. Kath x
  • ccasper
    Thanks kath @primek x
  • Glemmis
    Glemmis Member Posts: 343
    Very encouraging! There are so many negatives out there, my oncologist & radiation oncologist were the only ones who told me to keep exercising. Everyone else was "don't over do it, you will crash at the end". I am 57 & have 5 radio sessions to go & don't feel any more tired than I did at the start of chemo and that is more from lack of sleep.  
  • ccasper
    You sound similar to me @Glemmis I have 3 rads left! Glad you you kept exercising. I feel pretty good too x
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Orbost, VictoriaPosts: 0
    Good Girl Ccasper,
    the more awareness there is for young people the better. You are to be commended.
    Cuddles, Trace xxx
  • ccasper
    Thanks trace @Tracey B x
  • brightspace
    brightspace Member Posts: 445
    Hi ccasper
    Great to hear from you and hope you are enjoying the great weather we are having on the the coast
    Cheers Bright
  • ccasper
    It's been amazing. So funny. Is bright your last name @brightspace ? It's my maiden name!
  • brightspace
    A great coincidence but no
    its from A feelgood quote ...more bright spaces than dark places...so i have in on my fridge  ;)
  • ccasper
    I do love that quote! @brightspace
  • brightspace
    Hi carly seems we have more in common ...food tech teacher..but retired!
    back in the dark ages a major part of my degree was in nutritional biochemistry 
  • melclarity
    melclarity Member Posts: 3,502
    Carly, I think that's fantastic!! and there isnt enough awareness for young women, so it will definitely be great! Hugs Melinda xo
  • Elmumof2
    Elmumof2 Member Posts: 32
    @ccasper I love your blog! I'm 30 years old , have a 22 month old and a 7 month old and I am currently in hospital after a bilateral mastectomy .Still waiting for results to see what treatment I'll need .I was thinking about getting rid of all the chemicals in my house and was keen to continue exercising so finding your blog now is awesome! Thanks for sharing your thoughts and experiences xxx
  • ccasper
    edited April 2017
    Thanks @melclarity hope you are well post surgery.

hoping for only good outcomes for you @El.mumof2 my son is 21months so they can't be too far apart. How lucky are we to have beautiful babies! Hope you find the blog helpful!